Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,156 Posts
I like the one I have on my 39A, mounts seem a bit high though 'course I can always get another set of rings, no problems with it yet. Mr fixit

·
Registered
47 Posts
Their Elite 3200 model have good optics. I would prefer Nikon's Prostaff as my preference in scope 3-9X42 with Weaver low profile rings, IMO.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I had one long time ago. It worked good. The rings that came with it weren't very good. 3200 4x12x40 Elites are good but they are close to 300 dollars. That's a guess. I gave 250 for one about 3 years ago. To hunt and a little target shooting the 22 scope will do good.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I just picked up a Savage 93GL in 22 mag and put a Bushnell 3.5x10x36 "super 17" on it. It's made for rimfire, has bdc knobs with serveral scales and an adjustable objective. I shot a 1" 100 yd group with CCI 30 gr TNT ammo with it last night. I paid $98 from my local shop.
http://www.bushnell.com/general/riflescopes_banner_71-3510.cfm

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I'm gonna point out that not all rimfire scopes are made alike...the ones meant for .17 & .22WMR's are built to different specifications than the ones meant for regular .22lr's!!

I've killed a few .22lr scopes on my .17 & .22WMR's, enough to know that not all are made alike ;) And dang sure enough to know not to ever buy a Tasco!! LOL

My suggestion for a .17 or .22WMR would be those Bushnells built SPECIFICALLY for those calibers (like the Super 17) :)

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
dogjaw said:
I just picked up a Savage 93GL in 22 mag and put a Bushnell 3.5x10x36 "super 17" on it. It's made for rimfire, has bdc knobs with serveral scales and an adjustable objective. I shot a 1" 100 yd group with CCI 30 gr TNT ammo with it last night. I paid $98 from my local shop.
http://www.bushnell.com/general/riflescopes_banner_71-3510.cfm
I have the same dawn/dusk Banner scope. I paid about the same. It comes with one elevation drum calibrated for 17 HMR, and a blank drum to be marked as the user sees fit. It currently resides on a pump-up .22 air rifle. Excellent scope for the money. It shoots very tight.

5 .22 Wadcutter pellets at 12 meters, avg 500 fps. The Banner 3.5-10X was set at 7X.

Mine focusses down to about 9 yds at top magnification. Definitely recommend this scope, as it lacks the exit pupil issues with higher magnification scopes. I especially like the blank drum- using it allows the finger adjustable turret top to be utilized.

As to the 3-9X Bushnell rimfire series, this could be one of 2 scopes- one has an adjustable objective and finger turrets. It is made in china, and is marketed as a Bushnell Sportsman. The other is just a 3-9X with no A/O, coin-slot turrets, and a factory set 50 yd parallax setting. The image quality of both these scopes leaves a lot to be desired when compared to the Banner.

Good luck with the choice.

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

·
Registered
591 Posts
I took the .17 hmr turret and wrapped it with a mailing label, covering the 17 scale. Sighted in a different weight 22 mag bullet and marked like the supplied blank.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts