Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How is the performance of Bullseye with 350gr lead flat nose bullets. Compared to Unique or Win. 231

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
I WOULD NOT USE BULLSEYE IN A RIFLE. It is designed for small capacity pistol cases ie. 45 ACP. It would be very easy to double or triple charge a rifle case with Bullseye thereby creating a very deadly pipe bomb. You wouldn't drive a slingshot dragster to the grocery store.

·
Banned
303 Posts
Yes, it would be VERY easy to double or even triple charge a 45-70 case with Bullseye, but not if you're careful and watch what you're doing. That means no T.V. or other distractions. And I am one of the guys here who uses the data from Lever Gun Performance Studies. It's a site entirely devoted to the use of various pistol powders in rifle cartridges. I've been using 2400 in my 45-70, and have had no trouble at all. Like I said, BE CAREFUL.

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Following the Lever Gun data referenced above, I have had a very enjoyable time with 11 gr of Bullseye under a 350 gr Dardas flat point bullet. Economical, clean, enough recoil to be satisfying, very nice groups... and powerful enough to take deer within 100 yards if necessary. For my plinking loads i prefer Unique, but really... what's not to love?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have s chance to pick up some and was gonna dedicate it for my 350 Dardas. Dangers are understood and would be extremely careful.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Me too!

Nothing will put a smile on your face quicker than shooting some heavy cast .460s in a 45-70 using the GMDR data. Great plinking loads for the whole family and stout enough for deer hunting.

BB

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Really cool stuff. When I first came here I heard about this and thought these guys are nuts. Now I can't wait to shoot these type of loads

1 - 11 of 11 Posts