Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you that have built cabins and or homes in the country, what insurance company did you use for the building process?
My primary insurance carrier for my present house and vehicles is Ameriprise and they will not cover my vacation homes build. This is due to the build being outside of a village limit with fire hydrants.
Andrew

·
Premium Member
10,407 Posts
For those of you that have built cabins and or homes in the country, what insurance company did you use for the building process?
My primary insurance carrier for my present house and vehicles is Ameriprise and they will not cover my vacation homes build. This is due to the build being outside of a village limit with fire hydrants.
Andrew
I am not sure what companies write in Wisconsin as insurance is all regulated from state to state and no two are a like. Someone will write it for sure. Your best move is to call or go by a couple of the larger independent agencies in your area and get quotes from them. There are some companies that will not write in unprotected areas (no fire hydrants and/or over 5 miles from a fire department) but there are also some that do. Because of being outside of the protected area the premiums will be higher than they would be inside the village. area. Also if there are any Farm Bureau companies in your area you might check with them as well.

·
Registered
28,743 Posts
Them fire hydrants are the sticky points!

There is a fire hydrant out in the middle of a cane field right down the road from me! I wonder if it's for the farmer for his insurance on cane field!

ca'jun56

·
Registered
10,747 Posts
I have a 26,000 acre lake a hundred feet from my build. Water should not be an issue! :banghead:
Andrew
Check into what is called a dry hydrant,it is a pipe that is run from the lake to were you need it with a fire hookup on it, so the fd can draw water for a fire.

Reactions: alawrence

·
Registered
7,949 Posts
in SC I went through ,,CT Lowndes,,,,,,,,,,,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts