Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A local gun shop has a 45-70 bufflo model for $300. What much should a used 45-70 model cost? The gun appears in good shape. The gun has a peep sight mounted in the receiver holes. The wood and blueing are in good condition. I was surprised at the barrel length. I am guessing the barrel is around 28 inches or longer.

·
Banned
1,744 Posts
That gun retails from Cabelas for $449.00, you would then have shipping and FFL transfer. The barrel is 32" and the peep site is a Williams with a Lyman front. $300 is a good price for a gun in good shape IMO. If it was near me I would buy it as I have been looking at these lately.

·
Registered
148 Posts

·
Banned
1,744 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
What a great link!

·
Registered
316 Posts
knight0334 said:
You can special order one through Walmart for $286. +tax +other legal fees.
knight0334

You can special order all you want thru Wal-Mart, but you will wait forever and I mean forever because it will never come it to Wal-Mart. What you found on-line don't mean squat once you go into the Sporting Goods Dept or Layaway and tell them all those numbers... because they never will get it in.

If he found a Buffalo Classic for $300 he should buy it, cuz NEW they are running up around $380 The hard part is how scarce they are. I can't believe that each dealer doesn't get 2 or 3 in when ordering. Hell once on the shelf, they don't last long either.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I sent my .223 ultra varmint receiver and had H&R fit it with a 32" buffalo classic barrel i think the cost was arount $110.00 i later sold that 223 and was thinking of putting that barrel on mt 10 guage but found that it fit like a glove on my .410 even the forend fit like it was made for it i later gave it to a local gunsmith to check the headspace. I shoot 300-500 grain bullets all at the same velocities which is 1400 fps the 400 and 405 at that velocity is the most accurate and the most fun to shoot. I also have pushed the 400 grain bullets to 1600 and 1750 fps also very accurate with no problems.

·
Premium Member
1,648 Posts
You can disagree all ya want, it won't change the fact that Walmart's supplier, Sports South, very seldom has had the BC in stock....You may have hit it just right when one came in, but there are a bunch of folks that have ordered them from WM and waited for months without ever getting one. They're out of stock right now, as a matter of fact. Check the NEF/H&R Centerfire forum at Graybeard Outdoors for more info, lots of BC/Target owners there.... :wink:

Tim

http://www.internetguncatalog.com/results.asp

http://www.graybeardoutdoors.com/phpbb2/viewforum.php?f=126

1 - 10 of 10 Posts