Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder if NEF might consider more calibers in the Buffalo Classic/Target Model format?

I'd be interested in, for instance, a Target Model in 30-30 Winchester or 30-40 Krag, or a Buffalo Classic in 405 Winchester (you can load .41 cal. pistol bullets in 405 cases for mild to wild results).

How about a Squirrel Rifle in .38 Special/.357 Magnum. Something along the lines of a classic .36 cal. Tennessee Squirrel Rifle (I'm not joking here).

I'd appreciate the longer 28"-32" barrels in just about any pistol caliber - long barrel and low pressure mean low noise for small game hunting and plinking.

Also, Marlin has a new rifle in 480 Ruger/475 Linebaugh. NEF/H&R/Wesson & Harrington should too.

I could go on and on, as many others have in the past, but these four seem just too practical:
30-30 Target Model
405 Winchester Buffalo Classic
38/357 Squirrel Rifle
480 Ruger/475 Linebaugh in any barrel length, the longer the better for me.

What are ya'll thoughts on this?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I think that you have a very good idea to be looked at there. I really wouldn't mind the .38 special for a squirrel rifle either. What I would really like also would be the .25-20 winchester round. I really have a sweet tooth for this round.

DoniphanRedneck 8)

G

·
wegomoe said:
I wonder if NEF might consider more calibers in the Buffalo Classic/Target Model format?

Also, Marlin has a new rifle in 480 Ruger/475 Linebaugh. NEF/H&R/Wesson & Harrington should too.

It has come to my attention that Marlin has ceased any and all production on this gun :evil:

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
I sure would think a Target Model in 30-30 or 30-40 would sell. I would take either one or both. Both are great cast bullets cartridges.

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
In fact, (I would think companion heavy Target barrels, 28" in each of the Cowboy Calibers Marlin has offered would sell.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Very good wegomoe. Being single shots they could make a lot of different calibers. I would like one with a pistol grip butt stock.
>Tombstone

·
Registered
2 Posts
Target-style wishes

I just ordered a Target and I'd like to be able to have that style barrel in a number of calibers. A 30-30 would be nice. Especially since I've got so many 30 cal. bullets on hand. I'll never shoot them all in my '06. A 32H&R mag would be fun to play with too.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have the 38-55 Target...really like it...
I would also be a buyer for th' 30-30, and without a doubt, the.38 or .357.

I'd also like to see the 25-35. I'm thinkin' about gettin' the .45 LC bbl fer th' Target, if I can...

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have a Target Model in .38-55 which I sent the reciever back to H&R to have a .45-70 Buffalo Classic barrel fitted to it. I would really like to have another barrel chambered in .32-40. That would make a real nice trio.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts