Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking real serious about ordering one of the NEF Buffalo Classics. I'd like the hear from some of you guys that actually have one about what kind of accuracy I can expect with this rifle and what improvements you can recommend. I intend to replace the Williams rear sight with a Creedmore style sight or something similar. Any suggestions?

Other than caliber and barrel length, what are some of the differences between the Buffalo Classic and the Target Model? Advantages/disadvantages over each other?

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks cheater. I'll check it out.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Can't wait to here what you think of it after shooting it. One of these is on my short list for next purchase. Looking forward to your report.

·
Premium Member
1,648 Posts
My first 45-120 handloads....left to right...45-70 for comparison, 500gr Montana Precision Swaging, 405gr Cast Performance WLNGC and 405gr Remington JFN...

·
Premium Member
1,648 Posts
45-120 BC has been to the range, need a shorter front sight, shootin 6-8" low at 50yds with the rear sight all the way to the top of the ramp...Other than that, the 41-42grs XMP5744 shoots pretty good and well as 95gr of T7, all with either 500gr MPS or 405gr CP WLNGC.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts