Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have an estimate for the pressures that 30-30 and 35 Rem ammo is pushing?

·
Registered
59 Posts
A quick email to to Buffalo Bore would confirm, but as far as I know both the .35 and 30-30 loads are standard pressure.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nothing BB produces is standard pressure unless it is designated as such and even then it is at the top of SAAMI specs.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I know their 190gr 30-30 is specifically listed as safe for all firearms in good condition, and their .35 Rem doesn't have any disclaimers on it. I believe they are using non-canister powders to keep within SAAMI specs, probably right at the top of spec. I still don't think I would try running BB .35 through a Remington model 8, but wouldn't think twice about using it in a Marlin or a modern pump/bolt action.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Anyone have an estimate for the pressures that 30-30 and 35 Rem ammo is pushing?
If the web site is representing their product accurately, the .30-30 ammo is running at SAAMI max, the .35 Remington is safe in .35 Remingtons specified in the advertising. Above SAAMI.

BB might tell you if you call, but would not likely get anything in print.

·
Registered
8,266 Posts
I have never heard anybody griping because it was too hot. I shoot it in several guns I own and so far so good. The heavy 45 LC pushes a 260 grain HP to 1450 fps in a piistol and gets around 1800 fps in a rifle and that ain't nothing to sneeze at.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts