Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think of the BSA Sweet Series 2-7x32 22 scope? Anyone have one and what are your experiences? I will be putting this on my xt-22vr when it gets in...

·
Registered
462 Posts
I have not messed with that exact scope before, but I have friends that use BSA on their guns.

My observations?

The BSA scopes are priced pretty affordable.

They seem to hold zero pretty well, but may not adjust reliably. Getting it properly zeroed might take some fiddling around, but once it's there it pretty much stays.

The glass isn't very clear, and gets worse when zoomed up to higher power. At the highest settings, only the center of the picture is clear. Around the edges it's like looking through dirty water.

The scopes are usable, and probably better than Iron sights, but when compared to the medium priced scopes they are out classed.

It's kinda like comparing a Chevette to a Corvette. Yeah, they both burn gas and move down the road, but if you are willing to pay the price difference you will like the corvette a lot better.

Yes, the BSA will do the job.

If your budget will allow it, there are scopes that will work quite a bit better than the BSA, and will make your shooting more enjoyable.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I have a 3-9X40 Sweet 22 on my Remington Model Five 22lr and the thing is SWEET! Holds zero and the drum for the 40gr round is dead on. Optics are very clear for a $50 scope.

·
Premium Member
4,456 Posts
I have the SWEET 22 on my Savage BSEV target .22LR rimfire it it works great. It comes with 3 caps for the UP/DN reticle that are weighted according to the bullet grain you are using thereby compensating for the difference in drop. Very clean view and hold up nicely for the cost. I figure if it breaks after a few years I can buy another and still have saved over the pricey scopes. The Aperature Objective feature also helps keep the target in focus when you have OLD GUY EYES like mine.

GB46

·
Banned
2,116 Posts
I ordered two and liked them so much bought two more, but they are the older style with the parallax adjustment on the objective lens, not the knob on the side of the turret.

On a good day you can still get these at sportsmans guide for $35.95.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I put a Air Rifle 2-7X32 bought at Walmart for $69.50. Works just fine for me on the Model 60. I generally shoot 50 to 100yds. I have a old Remington 550-1 that may get this one as I'd like to try a Leupold 2-7X32 on the Marlin.
Keith

1 - 8 of 8 Posts