Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just added another Browning BLR to my collection, 30-06, my favorite caliber(besides 38-55)!

I do enjoy my Marlins but I also love my Brownings.

Browning BLR .243, BLR 450 Marlin, BLR 30-06
Browning 1886 45/70
Browning 1885 High Wall 30-06, and looking for and 1885 High Wall in 38-55.

Not to mention my A5 and Citori. And to think I still do not have a 1911!

·
Registered
11,599 Posts
Congrats! I'm a bit of a 30-06 fan myself I guess, they just happen to all be bolt rifles. Like you though, love my Marlins, but also my Brownings, ha! Enjoy...

Reactions: J BOBWAY

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The caliber just works for me. It is a true killing caliber. Besides the Brownings I have a 1903 Springfield, M1 Garand (you really cannot get your head around a semi auto 30-06 until you shoot the Garand, truly a battle implement), and I am also looking for a 1903A3. Just a classic, historic round.

·
Premium Member
12,139 Posts
Congrats on the new rifle. I am a real fan of the .30-06 cartridge, and I appreciate the BLR as well.

My youngest son has used a Model of 1917 .30-06 to take two bucks and two bears in recent years. He really likes that old rifle. It's been in our family since shortly after WWII, and used by four generations now. You're right, it's a very good game killer.

Regards, Guy

·
Registered
317 Posts
Congrats on the new addition.
I bought a BLR 81 30-06 in 93 and love it. As much as I like my marlin 3030, it's stays home during deer season. Basically a safe queen. But that's ok. My kids will use and enjoy it someday.

·
Registered
11,599 Posts
The caliber just works for me. It is a true killing caliber. Besides the Brownings I have a 1903 Springfield, M1 Garand (you really cannot get your head around a semi auto 30-06 until you shoot the Garand, truly a battle implement), and I am also looking for a 1903A3. Just a classic, historic round.
It's certainly worked for me too. I have fired the Garand a few times, and also went through that Civilian Marksmanship Program many years ago using a Garand to qualify. I still kick myself in the rear for not sending off the paperwork afterwards to get the rifle I qualified for after going through the program. I'd love to have it now, great rifles. I do have a nice '03A3 Springfield 30-06, though it has been so-called 'sporterized,' with some pretty fancy engraving and custom stock-work, inlays, etc., and rarely have taken it out to shoot. The 30-06 Browning A-Bolt has seen the most action/use over the years, I really like it; and a Win Model 70 in the caliber pretty much sits in the closet as a half-finished project rifle right now, maybe some day I'll finish it, lol.

Reactions: Trinidad Bill
1 - 7 of 7 Posts