1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
5,018 Posts
Hey there TB -- Seeing how that sight is laid out (machined) I would doubt it is made by MVA. 86's have long bolt issues as do the Marlin 93's. Some of the 86's have tang safeties and this too complicates tang sight installation. The base shown in your link doesn't look like it would work. Here is how a Marbles sight fits an 86 tang with a safety...

View attachment 96354

Notice the bolt cheeks. They will restrict windage adjustment.

MVA makes a sight to fit your rifle. Hope this helps. Best regards. Wind

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Wind... I thought it was a good fit for my Browning 1885 high wall but then... I have no front sight and no dovetail! Then I thought maybe the 1886, nope again!

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Hey there Bill I have a Browning 1885 hi wall in 45-70. It came with the Jim Kelly Soule sights front and back from Buffalo Arms in Idaho. Beautiful sights, check their web site they sell a pile of goodys pertaining to the old calibers, they are well worth a look see. eh

·
Registered
206 Posts
Bill,

AMT made those soule sights for Browning. I just got one from eBay quite reasonably a few weeks ago. They were original equipment on the BPCR a few years ago, and work well.

I don't have an 1886, but Browning was smart enough to make something like that common.

Good luck.

stewbud

·
Premium Member
2,031 Posts
Yeah I just bought a Browning 1885 .40-65 BPCR. That's the sight that came on the rifle. It will interchange with my Winchester 1885 High Wall, but it won't go on my Winchester 1886. Not that I had plans of using it on that rifle.

Reactions: Trinidad Bill

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bill,

AMT made those soule sights for Browning. I just got one from eBay quite reasonably a few weeks ago. They were original equipment on the BPCR a few years ago, and work well.

I don't have an 1886, but Browning was smart enough to make something like that common.

Good luck.

stewbud
stewbud... yes, the ebay price was quite good and the same guy was selling them on GunBroker. I wish the heck it would have fit on my 1886.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts