Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally picked up a WIn 94 in 375 last weekend. I grew up hunting with 94's in 44 mag and 30-30 and like most graduated to bolt guns with scopes. A few years back I got the itch to hunt with lever guns again and picked up a couple Marlins in 35 Rem, I love those guns but nothing carries and points like a WInchester 94. Ill post more and better pics soon. I also have a vintage '49 in 32 spl, a 9422XTR in .22 and a Miruko 92 carbin n 44 mag. The 375 is displayed with my New Haven Super Grade re-barreled to 35 Whelen. They share the same finish and deep bluing. I am in search of a front sight hood for the 375. The Big Bores have a taller front sight and require a slightly taller hood than the standard 1/2" high ones found on most. Numerich and Brownells are a no go. Ebay seems dry for now.
Branch Wood Trunk Twig Plant

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've been hunting with my Marlin in 375 caliber for years. It's my go to brush gun. I haven't lost a single deer and the furthest one ran was 60 yards. Most drop within 20 yards. To this day, I don't understand why it didn't catch on and why Marlin/Winchester hasn't re-introduced the caliber.
I true hammer.

·
Super Moderator
7,020 Posts
Congrats on a very nice rifle!

·
Registered
863 Posts
The .375 Marlin is all I have hunted with for several years. I have several different calibers and rifles but it just seems to fit. I do have a Win 71 in .348 and is a nice rifle but a bit heavy and I don't hunt with irons. The old eyes are not what they used to be. Have a great day.
Jim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts