Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
We have dogs and 7 cats running around this house. I built cat halos in our most used rooms. They walk around near the ceiling, hang out on laps.... but I have two that really take care of me. A Maine **** named Eli that tucks me in every night. And Eli, who understands it is his job to be sure I drink coffee with him each morning. When people say crap like, 'they are only animals', they go right to my sh+t list. I say my father's dog literally morning his death. Joey was sitting at Dad's head, when I walked into the room, I knw Dad was dead first by the look in Joey's eyes. Thanks for the film.
M

·
Registered
5,706 Posts
Just moved the cat to check the forum, from my chair in my office. Also finished cutting up my first "velvet buck", terminated at 6:38 PM this evening. But here is the part that relates to this thread. I have a new dog. He showed up here, a hound, it is bear training season, yesterday. Today, my wife put him in the truck, took him down the creek and turned him loose. He has no collar so we don't know he belongs to or did. To make a long story short when I came in the house he was settled in on the front porch. Tried to run him off again, and now I hear from the open window, barking at something in one of my new food plots. Tomorrow I will relocate him down the road where hopefully one of the dog hunters will find him. Just another day in the country....

Thirty minutes or so later----It sounds like that dog has a bear treed at or near my food plot. If he stays there another half hour I will go see.

It is now 1:22 and the dog was still treed, a ****, I think. Caught it, fed it and gave it some water. It is now secured to the back of my truck and I can get some sleep.

·
Banned
4,646 Posts
Tears in my eyes too - we had to have our 14y.o. Beagle put to sleep tonight. Thank God for in-home pet euthanasia services!

RIP Annie girl.....

Reactions: RJF22553
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.