Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while back I bought the Brockman winged front sight for my GS. I already had a WWG rear peep so I used them together. Well the height adjustment is not enough to make 'em work together.
I finally broke down and bought the rear Brockman peep. The sights are works of art. Worth the money? I'll let you know later.
To those who have installed the Brockman rear peep on their 1895.
Installing as per all the pictures I've seen, the rear peep is installed on the rear set of mounting holes on the receiver. Well the sight (unsightly) hangs over the back of the receiver. Not a very custom look at all. I'm thinking of mounting in reverse or mounting in the forward position to eliminate the hang over. Both ideas look just weird.
Anybody have the same issues?
God bless, Fred

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
44fred, had the same problem with a Williams FP336, on my 1894. I put rear sight screw in rear screw hole, snugged it well. I then used a center punch, the kind that fit the hole sized in 32th of inch I think, and punched a mark for drill. Removed sight drilled hole for a 8-40 screw and mounted the sight. Only thing is you will need an extra sight plug screw if you take the sight off and use issued dights or worse, if you sell the Marlin. Hope this help you out. Take care, John.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Fantastic idea. I'm not worried about the mod, this is being passed to my son.
I'm even thinking about shaping the sight to match the receiver.
Mounting on the forward set of mounting holes puts the sight right where I carry (balance point).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts