Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I finally got a chance to sight in today. 444P Weaver see thru mounts and rings holding a Redfield 4-12X 40 Revenge. The shots in black are factory Hornady 265 FTX @200 yards, I'd say DRT!! image.jpg

·
Registered
661 Posts
Looks like backstrap sizzling in the skillet to me !!!! for target shooting at long range I like a scope powerful enough to see my bullet holes if possible. You can really tighten up those groups if the crosshairs don't obscure the bullseye.

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Good shooting. I look forward to seeing some Ohio folk get to get some venison with their 444 Marlins.
I have a '65 444 with a 4x12 scope on it. Arizona's Coues Whitetail are tiny and hide in bushes. Our country is big and the ground is noisy, crunchy rock. I'm not ascared of gitt'n too close in this country, just hope and pray that I can see'um.

·
Registered
970 Posts
joshua,

Good luck with your LG and the revenge scope this fall. I put a 3x9x42 Revenge on one of my smokeless MZs and I hope it works as well as the Redfield revolutions I have.

BB

·
Registered
15 Posts
Good luck to you!! I too will be heading out with my 444 marlin in Ohio. It feels so good just to say that!!

·
Registered
10,613 Posts
Great shootin. Good luck this season. And yes the 444P is Ballard.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts