Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brian in Floirida had back surgery early this morning while most of the nation slept. He arrived at the hospital at 5:00 AM and went into surgery at 7:30. He was in surgery on his spine until 10:45. His surgeon came down to see me at 11 AM. He said everything went well. I was told at noon that he was in his room. The nurse walked him at 3 PM from his room to the nurses station. She asked him if he wanted to walk further and he said yes. He walked all the way to the end of the floor and back to his room. I left a little before 4 PM since I was tired and didn't want to be caught in evening rush hour traffic. He is not aching. He expects to leave the hospital on Friday. Marla

·
Registered
5,324 Posts
Marla,
Please tell Brian he is in my prayers! I thought he had back surgery last winter? I sure hope all goes well and he does get out of the hospital ASAP. Take care of yourself also and don't get worn down!
358 Win

·
Premium Member
6,023 Posts
Marla I wish Brian all the best and pray that Brian and you will go back to normal business at home as soon as possible.

Tony

·
Premium Member
12,567 Posts
Please tell Brian I said get well soon, so he can be up and around again. I also thought he had already had back surgery. Was this to correct an additional problem?

·
Premium Member
2,031 Posts
I wish him well and a speedy recovery. :)

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
Hi Marla. Glad to hear the surgery went well. Tell him I wish him a fast recovery and a one shot 10 point buck this season :D

·
Premium Member
10,693 Posts
Thanks for letting us know, Marla. I'll be praying for him.

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Great news

·
Super Moderator
15,879 Posts
Prayers continue for the both of you.

·
Super Moderator
19,135 Posts
I'm happy it turned out well. does he have his computer with him...he told me he would have internet access in his room :)

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
Prayers sent for a full recovery!

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi All, Brian did have back surgery last year. This time a huge cyst developed in the Lumbar 3-4 area. He had it removed today one day shy of the anniversary of last year's surgery. He put the internet in the car, but it wasn't taken into his room since he was groggy and tired due to anesthesia. I will take it to him later today. Marla

·
Premium Member
4,596 Posts
Well tell him to get out of bed ASAP--walking and exercise will get him going faster than anything--I've also had 2 back surgeries--no fun--tell him we're all thinking of him and you take care of yourself also.

Steve

·
Premium Member
9,038 Posts
Thoughts and prayers.

·
Premium Member
9,465 Posts
I got my computer here today, and a very pretty nurse helped me to get hooked up with Wi Fi. Thanks to all of you for your prayers and well wishes. I expect to be released on Friday, and my leg pain is all gone. I have been up and around from the first day after the surgery. The surgeon is very happy with my progress. I'm just a little sore in the area of my incision.

I plan to stick that wheelchair in the back of a closet. I'd throw the darn thing away, but it might come in handy for someone else some time.

·
Premium Member
12,567 Posts
Very glad to hear that Brian. Glad to see you back!

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
The first I heard about your surgery.I'm glad everything is going well.Take it easy and don't try to go to fast.Good luck to you. JD

·
Premium Member
13,380 Posts
Great news, Marla. I hope he has a speedy recovery and back to shooting in no time.

Take care

K

·
Super Moderator
19,135 Posts
Brian in FL I like the progress report. Now that the nurse knows how to plug in the computer...give her a free membership here and you and Marla get her to the range :) Tell her it is the best tip you can give :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts