Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I will absolutely throw up if I read one more story on this worn out pathetic headliner. It has made me sick to my stomach for two years now ... I just can't stand the guy off the football field. And the new story is he might consider going to the Eagles where Dog Killing Vick said he would be honored to have BF on the team ... get me a bucket :-X :-X :-X.

Then again, someone might just be kicking up some dust with a story that is totally untrue. Sorry Packer fans ... you deserve so much better than this ... Viking fans too.

bjm

·
Premium Member
1,881 Posts
No love for the Jets, BJM?

Ever find something that you just loved to do and no matter how hard you tried, you just couldn't seem to get it out of your system? I think that that is what is going on with Brett. I feel bad for him but am willing to let him pursue happiness without judging him. He's not hurting anybody.

·
Premium Member
7,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RevDerb said:

Ever find something that you just loved to do and no matter how hard you tried, you just couldn't seem to get it out of your system? I think that that is what is going on with Brett. I feel bad for him but am willing to let him pursue happiness without judging him. He's not hurting anybody.
I wonder if his wife, Brad Childress, and the Jets PR people feel the same as you ;).

bjm

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
I really don't care I am getting turned off to professional sports.. I have do fight everyday to survive and these twits get a fine that is more than I make in 5 years and never bat an eye at it.. No one is worth the money they get paid.. I won't ever go to a game ever unless the ticket price drops to 5 bucks for 50 yd line seat.

Lost most of my intrest in NASCAR also .. Dale is gone and we know have a bunch of whiny dipsticks that need a pacifier..

·
Premium Member
5,327 Posts
As long as he doesn't try coming back to Green Bay. That chapter is over. We have Rodgers now. 8) And another Lombardi Trophy. ;)

It's a shame really. I loved watching the guy when he played for GB. Good games or bad, he was explosive, entertaining, and really seemed to play for the shear love of the game. A couple of bone-head moves and he's lost all those years of goodwill. It's time he disappears...and takes Tiger Woods with him. ::)

Roe

·
Premium Member
7,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Didn't really mean to stir the pot, but like GJ, pro athletes are far too often turning the very fan base that affords them an unreal lifestyle away from the games they play. Look how far T Wood has fallen and for what? I, too, followed Nascar but am losing interest at light speed.

Like I said, I didn't want to bring up BF again ... but please, enough is enough. You are right Roe, on the field BF was a fearless warrior who was a pleasure to watch on Sundays.

bjm

·
Super Moderator
19,135 Posts
RevDerb said:

He's not hurting anybody??? BJM is ill over it ;D

It's not just Brett. 49er's are punks and that said Jerry Rice was 110% He missed his exit too. John Elway may have won 3 superbowls in a row but I think he left on top :) Unlike a boxer we know by 2 names that made the sport happen because most people wanted his head because of his mouth ;D I think he used his exit to put His pick on top.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Key words," might consider." Who knows, maybe he`ll come back as a coach.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Barenjager said:
As long as he doesn't try coming back to Green Bay. That chapter is over. We have Rodgers now. 8) And another Lombardi Trophy. ;)

It's a shame really. I loved watching the guy when he played for GB. Good games or bad, he was explosive, entertaining, and really seemed to play for the shear love of the game. A couple of bone-head moves and he's lost all those years of goodwill. It's time he disappears...and takes Tiger Woods with him. ::)

Roe
I wish that when he left Green Bay while "still on top", he would have truly retired. As much as he may love the game, I feel he has done himself or maybe more importantly, his family a disservice. I must admit I have lost some respect for him since his "retirement" from Green Bay.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I don't think anyone can say he is/was not a player. I think he is still as good as half of the QB's out there. Does he deserve to play? Thats not my call. He made the personal choices that turned his life upside down. If he would have kept his life strait I think several teams would have loved to have him, if for nothing else as a QB trainer. If he had kept his cell phone in his pocket I think he would be a coach by now.

·
Super Moderator
19,135 Posts
Dennis rodman (worm) probably still pushin pumpkins because of his bad boy(?) ways :-\
Farve was the man... Now he needs a little more time with a gun and fishing pole. Then again he could join Terry Bradshaw and the boys :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts