·
Registered
8,026 Posts
Leave NYC high and dry.

Reactions: jgriffin1988

·
Registered
10 Posts
This a purely political act driven by an AG elected with George Soros money. The purpose is to divide and conquer the NRA from within. As you can tell from this thread, it is working. There are people on here whose sole purpose is to stoke dissent within the ranks and drive a wedge between NRA members and dilute their political influence. Keep that in mind. WLP needs to go- AFTER THE NEXT ELECTION. In the meantime, we need all four of the major pro-gun organizations to protect our rights.

This election is the most critical in our lifetimes. The Communist Left will do anything to win. If you don't think they will break election laws to win, just remember they are the same ones rioting and looting in the streets now. Our university campuses are hotbeds of election fraud and communist conspiracy, so any polling place on a campus must be watched and documented like a hawk. Be prepared to observe, document, file formal complaints and charges and testify in court.

Make no mistake, the Left's Brown Shirts will threaten, intimidate and commit acts of violence against those who oppose them: so, be prepared to protect yourself. Be prepared to challenge media accounts of the election and aftermath.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yeah, I just got an E-mail on it. Not sure what to think. If they are successful, that will only mean more money for the GOA and the VCDL which are much better organizations.
What he said. And don't forget the NAAGA.

The NRA hasn't represented me or my family since the 1980s. We used to be members, but any money that we gave them was spent dunning us for more. They were just another money-making machine. We stopped donating and let our memberships lapse. Wayne LaPierre is a current illustration of that money-grubbing attitude. When I observe that Mr. LaPierre, a millionaire who supposedly takes interest in firearms, requires a $2.25-million yearly payout (salary, bonus, retirement, and other compensation) to accomplish his work, and resists calls by folks to retire, I can only deduce that he is in it for the money, not because he sympathizes with individuals like myself. Heck, I would do the same job for a tenth of what he is paid, but cost is apparently not why he was chosen as the head of the NRA. They pester you and me for money, and then spend it on salaries for overpriced executives and trips to the Bahamas instead putting it behind legal support of individuals that need it, and education of the public. Meanwhile, the other gun-support organizations fight over scraps.

Secondly, the NRA's lack of response when EJ Bradford and Philando Castile were shot showed me that they were not colorblind, despite being referred by some as America's "oldest 'civil rights organization'". If they had stood up and supported the families and taken the local police departments to task for shooting men that were had followed the rules and were carrying legally, that might have turned me around. Their silence only hardened my opinion.

I love my guns. I have no love for the NRA, and I won't miss them one whit. There are other advocacy groups out there, and any or all of them will expand to fill the vacuum left behind by the NRA. The sooner the NRA is out of the picture, the sooner we can get behind other advocacy groups that (hopefully) will do a more cost-effective and equitable job.

·
Registered
15 Posts
In many states and precincts, volunteers are always needed for poll workers. Be one. Watch your electors like a hawk. Ask uncomfortable questions. Don't allow the bad guys to steal the election. Political dirty tricks are as old as politics, but the new breed of collectivists are taking it to new extremes. Just support everyone on our side, ignore the attacks on NRA (for now) and make sure a pro-gun candidate wins in your local elections. All politicians and lowlife lobbyists are not interested what we are. They're in it for the money and power. DON'T GIVE IT TO THEM! There's two ways to change government: Ballots or Bullets. I sincerely pray we aren't forced to the second option, but they need to know it is an option.

Uncle Bill

·
Registered
71 Posts
It really gripes my a** that every time i turn around, the NRA wants money. "Welcome to ****".....all we need is your annual dues of $250, or four payments of $.."
I'm 73 and live on a fixed income, so i can't afford donations of $100, $250, or "even" $1000.
I am a Benefactor Member and WANT to do my part, but i just don't have THAT kind of money. TBH, GOA doesn't ask for money all the time, and as i'm a Life Member there, i probably should shift my support to them.
Very good points being brought up here.

·
Super Moderator
26,225 Posts
This a purely political act driven by an AG elected with George Soros money. The purpose is to divide and conquer the NRA from within. As you can tell from this thread, it is working. There are people on here whose sole purpose is to stoke dissent within the ranks and drive a wedge between NRA members and dilute their political influence. Keep that in mind. WLP needs to go- AFTER THE NEXT ELECTION. In the meantime, we need all four of the major pro-gun organizations to protect our rights.

This election is the most critical in our lifetimes. The Communist Left will do anything to win. If you don't think they will break election laws to win, just remember they are the same ones rioting and looting in the streets now. Our university campuses are hotbeds of election fraud and communist conspiracy, so any polling place on a campus must be watched and documented like a hawk. Be prepared to observe, document, file formal complaints and charges and testify in court.

Make no mistake, the Left's Brown Shirts will threaten, intimidate and commit acts of violence against those who oppose them: so, be prepared to protect yourself. Be prepared to challenge media accounts of the election and aftermath.

You're entitled to your opinion, regardless of how off base, as with the statement highlighted red. I don't know of any members that fit that narrative.

FWIW, as you probably know, LaPierre fired Ollie North and others for exposing LaPierre's monetary malfeasance. Many stories have been reported on it within the firearm industry throughout last year.

No one I know here wishes the NRA to go away, LaPierre is another story, as well as a number of the upper management.

Jack

Reactions: -69.55

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
You're entitled to your opinion, regardless of how off base, as with the statement highlighted red. I don't know of any members that fit that narrative.
Amen JACKTW I was thinking the same thing. We veteran members have long been having...and will continue to have civilized and productive discussions where everyone's opinion is respected. No one here is trying to convert others to their own POV. Each of us is simply stating our opinion...and I for one appreciate everyone's opinion...even if said opinions don't match my own.

·
Registered
8,026 Posts
I’d be fine leaving them to their own devices if they would only leave the rest of the country alone.
Just look at how the Looney Liberals have messed up adjacent States that they have moved to after screwing up Kalifornistan: Utah, Nevada, Arizona, Texas. Where ever they go they bring the Looney disease with them. If your State is still sane and not over run by Blue Looneys you must be vigilant and not let them infiltrate your local Gubberment.

Reactions: -69.55

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Just look at how the Looney Liberals have messed up adjacent States that they have moved to after screwing up Kalifornistan: Utah, Nevada, Arizona, Texas. Where ever they go they bring the Looney disease with them. If your State is still sane and not over run by Blue Looneys you must be vigilant and not let them infiltrate your local Gubberment.
Glenn Beck was just talking about that very subject today. He was wondering why in the world people would move from California to Texas...trying to escape Liberalism...but then they turn around and vote for the Leftist politicians in their new home state. Apparently it is happening with increasing frequency and the people in those states are understandably worried about it.

Reactions: Cowboy23*

·
Registered
8,026 Posts
Glenn Beck was just talking about that very subject today. He was wondering why in the world people would move from California to Texas...trying to escape Liberalism...but then they turn around and vote for the Leftist politicians in their new home state. Apparently it is happening with increasing frequency and the people in those states are understandably worried about it.
I would be very worried too because you have to remember that if the situation was a conservative moving to get away from his once sane hometown that got turned into a crime ridden ghetto due to Looneys taking over then you can understand why that person moved. Now a Looney who destroyed a town wanting to move to duplicate the process in a pristine town is insanity. Take it from me we are in this situation here where I live. When your election ballot ONLY offers Looney Liberal Dems as choices your whole Gubberment has been infiltrated and I feel the election process has been nullified by the left. Once that happens you will typically notice that cost of living is high, crime is on the rise, lots of local Gubberment corruption, liberals still voting Blue even after getting screwed by the Dem they voted for. Hard to comprehend but one can only come to the conclusion that Looney Liberals are insane to keep perpetuating the same outcome.

·
Registered
8,026 Posts
And the dem's from there would stop coming to Florida
You probably have already noticed that with a mass of them moving to Florida you can already see the negative effects they can induce to your State. It will be more apparent in areas where Looney Blues have clustered in to and have taken over the local Gubberment.

61 - 74 of 74 Posts