Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
6,944 Posts
Yeah, I just got an E-mail on it. Not sure what to think. If they are successful, that will only mean more money for the GOA and the VCDL which are much better organizations.

We would then need to build them up to be just as powerful, if not more.

·
Super Moderator
26,225 Posts
Beat me to posting this. I just read the story on my phone while enjoying my morning coffee on the deck, so much for enjoying it while reading the extent of utter corruption under LaPierre's tenure.

While the NRA will certainly fight this, LaPierre needs to go down as do the top management. They've skimmed off millions of honest supporters dollars supporting the NRA to be their honest brokers in defending our 2nd A rights. Seems in today's world, corrupt financial malfeasance is rampant.

That said, I don't question the NY AG claims of corrupt financial malfeasance regarding LaPierre and top management, but do protest dissolving the NRA punishing the millions of honest supporters. The NY AG using this to end the NRA seems politically motivated. There are alternative courses of action available, the NRA should be left to conduct operations under new top management for the honest supporters who ARE the NRA!

Meanwhile, I trust the honorable Pratt brothers of the GOA are planning a game plan to fill the void should the NRA be dissolved.

Jack

New York Attorney General Moves To Dissolve The NRA After Fraud Investigation

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Just saw an article that the New York State attorney general is filing suit to dissolve the NRA claiming fraud, etc.
When you post this sort of thing, it is really helpful to include a link to the original source material, I have done that for you here: NRA Fraud Case

·
Premium Member
4,210 Posts
I am in agreement that LaPierre is Quilty of gross financial mismanagement and he needs to go. As far as how A.G. Jamers will do with this case, she'll make a lot of noise, garner as much attention as she can, declare victory, and go back to her cubbyhole. Just my opinion however and I have been wrong before.

This is one of the idiots that bought NY bail reform. That's working out really well for the criminal class.

Reactions: Vooch

·
Registered
447 Posts
Horrible, just horrible!!!! This could eventually be very damaging to the second amendment and our ability for self protection. They just keep coming and coming for us....Is this putting off anyone's NRA renewal?

·
Registered
8,026 Posts
Just saw this on the local news this morning. As a life member and NRA Instructor it will be a big loss for members who are out there supporting and promoting the shooting sports. Some of this is politically motivated as NYC has pressured banks and other services to not do any business with NRA. The bad eggs in Mgmt, at NRA should be made to return the money they misappropriated and NRA needs to replace them and get their act together as 2020 is crucial in the fight for the 2nd A. With the Looney liberals being desperate and boldly committing illegal harassment of gun owners we need to unify against these Looneys.
Yeah, I just got an E-mail on it. Not sure what to think. If they are successful, that will only mean more money for the GOA and the VCDL which are much better organizations.

We would then need to build them up to be just as powerful, if not more.
We are stronger with all 3 organizations in force. To lose the NRA would weaken our cause and embolden the "Looney Gun grabbers". NRA can and must get their act together and get rid of bad players in Mgmt. Bad players must return money so it can be applied to 2nd A support.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I don't trust anyone. Do you actually think that there are honest people in management where there is a large sum of money involved that was given to them by us hard working blue collar workers ? Lol, you are dreaming. You remove one bad apple and another will just take it's place. I'm to dam old to believe otherwise.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
While I do not agree with the idea of dissolving the NRA due to LaPierre and his cohorts, I DO agree that they should do the honorable thing and step down, at the very least. One thing I have noticed, is that since all the allegations against LaPierre came out last year, the NRA seems to "missing in action" since that time. We don't seem to hear anything about their position on state level gun-control, i.e. they were oddly silent on the recently passed anti-gun legislation in Virginia. They only thing I ever hear from them is how we all need to "donate more money" to them. To paraphrase a favorite saying of an old co-worker of mine, "You're donations will become effective when you do."

It's time to man-up, LaPierre and do the decent thing--step down and let the honest, hard chargers take over and restore the NRA to the position it once held. We talk all the time about "career politicians" and how bad they are. It can be just as bad for people in the private sector to hold a position of massive power for too long, as well. Hasn't LaPierre been in the upper echelons of the NRA for nearly 30 years? It's definitely time for some new blood.

·
Premium Member
10,726 Posts
I think they should dissolve New York State and call it a day. I would believe and trust almost anyone before I would the Attorney General of NY or their commie governor. Maybe they should prosecute the mayor of NY City if they want to clean something up.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
While the NRA will certainly fight this, LaPierre needs to go down as do the top management. They've skimmed off millions of honest supporters dollars supporting the NRA to be their honest brokers in defending our 2nd A rights. Seems in today's world, corrupt financial malfeasance is rampant.
Agree 100%. It still makes my blood boil every time I think of LaPierre spending $275,000 on tailored clothing. THAT'S MORE THAN MY HOUSE COST !!

·
Super Moderator
26,225 Posts
What chaps my ass is the recent barrage of NRA emails asking me to up my membership. I'm talking two to three emails a day!

Did LaPierre know what was coming and attempt one last ditch effort to line his pockets?

I'm an active NRA member, but I won't give another cent until LaPierra and his corrupt top dogs are gone.

I agree with North Idaho Shooter, they should do the honorable thing and step down, but they have zero honor. They need to be removed! Maybe a few million emails of members demanding it will get it done.

Jack

·
Banned
6,933 Posts
The President advised the NRA to MOVE TO TEXAS. Apparently, New York State can take away their State Charter, but they can't prevent them from leaving that Marxist state.

The Law Suit says that the NRA upper management "misused" 64 million dollars of members money to pay for a lavish lifestyle, vacations, FREE air travel, and every other misuse of funds they could think of.......Should be interesting.

·
Super Moderator
11,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Horrible, just horrible!!!! This could eventually be very damaging to the second amendment and our ability for self protection. They just keep coming and coming for us....Is this putting off anyone's NRA renewal?
Folks have been grumbling that his highness La Pierre needs to step down after the corruption came to light.
I give to GOA these days since Pratt seems more in the trenches than the NRA these days. Plus they run a lot more lean.

·
Super Moderator
26,225 Posts
Now they can file charges against individuals who managed funds of the NRA, but that doesn't give them the power to "dissolve" the NRA. That would be like charging a bank manger and then closing that bank and it's branches.

Precisely, the AG's call to dissolve the NRA was purely a political statement. Typical of all liberal anti-gunners narratives.

Jack

·
Banned
6,933 Posts
I'm not an attorney, but apparently, New York state can take away the NRA's State Charter.

Mike T.

·
Premium Member
4,210 Posts
I think they should dissolve New York State and call it a day. I would believe and trust almost anyone before I would the Attorney General of NY or their commie governor. Maybe they should prosecute the mayor of NY City if they want to clean something up.
Just dissolve the city, the rest of us will help.

Just heard the NRA is filing a counter suit for abridging their 2nd ammendment rights, Jame's office won't care of course. And her case cares no criminal charges, more of a lawsuit. Disgusting person.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts