·
Registered
7,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fake?

·
Registered
910 Posts
Wouldn't trust them at their word...they've got no honor, credibility nor integrity, never have. Just don't be surprised by those ____s will try to bury it into another bill hoping nobody will bother to read it or even notice its in there. Remember the infamous Pelosi Bill speech to Congress, "You'll have to pass it to read whats in it."

Old Creek
U.S.M.C. (Ret.)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Two RINO's voted for it, and three democrats voted no!

Two Republicans, Reps. Brian Fitzpatrick, R-Penn., and Chris Jacobs, R-N.Y., broke with their party to vote yes on the bill. Five Democrats, Rep. Henry Cuellar, D-Texas; Rep. Jared Golden, D-Maine, Rep. Vicente Gonzalez, D-Texas, Rep. Kurt Schrader, D-Oreg., and Rep. Ron Kind, D-Wisc. broke with their party to vote no.

·
Registered
43 Posts
The founders would have been stacking bodies by now. Just think the amount of tax king George was trying to collect was a mere 2%! This government is tyrannical and is oppressing the people. We entrusted our elected officials to protect the candle of liberty, instead they sold us, and our country to the highest bidder. Pathetic nearly the entire lot of them

·
Registered
448 Posts
I watched "Guns and Gadgets" live stream of the debate and vote on the Assault Weapons Ban of 2022. The bill amazingly barely passed. It was interesting that the bill passed with 218 ayes, and 213 nays. Five Democrats actually crossed aisle and voted no. Two RINOs voted yes.

It continues to amaze me that the House of Representatives has such disdain for the rule of law and would pass a bill that is clearly unconstitutional given the ruling in Heller that said the government could not ban weapons in common usage.

I would say that I was surprised but at this point in time, nothing surprises me of what the Democratic Party is capable.

All 218 members who voted aye, should be removed and tried for violating the Constitutional rights of law-abiding Americans.

·
Registered
448 Posts
While I don't disagree with your sentiment, how would you go about doing such a thing?
We don't. We can't. The system will not allow us to. We may believe in our heart of hearts that the government cares about their citizens. They don't. We're simply a means to their end of staying in power and getting rich off the benefits that come as part of that power.... and pay our taxes to fund it.

I'm reminded of a quote from Ben Franklin, when asked what type of government the convention had decided upon: "A republic if you can keep it." As I get older, I become more and more convinced that we have unfortunately misplaced it.

Unless we as a people all get on the same page and vote these chuckleheads out of office... and I mean every single one of them... no exceptions... we're going to be stuck in the same cycle that perpetuates the self-licking ice cream cone of borderline criminal ineptitude.

If we go down the route of Thomas Jefferson's quote about the "Tree of Liberty", I fear that it will only hasten the destruction of this once great country. There is no way that the world would sit idly by and let a civil war be fought with access to the amount of capabilities that we have... not to mention that our enemies would take that opportunity to do everything on their dream sheet.

We've gotten ourselves stuck in a classic "Catch-22".

·
Super Moderator
11,064 Posts
Never trust a Snake and a Gator and that is all we got in DC.

Reactions: br549arkie

·
Super Moderator
11,064 Posts
We don't. We can't. The system will not allow us to. We may believe in our heart of hearts that the government cares about their citizens. They don't. We're simply a means to their end of staying in power and getting rich off the benefits that come as part of that power.... and pay our taxes to fund it.

I'm reminded of a quote from Ben Franklin, when asked what type of government the convention had decided upon: "A republic if you can keep it." As I get older, I become more and more convinced that we have unfortunately misplaced it.

Unless we as a people all get on the same page and vote these chuckleheads out of office... and I mean every single one of them... no exceptions... we're going to be stuck in the same cycle that perpetuates the self-licking ice cream cone of borderline criminal ineptitude.

If we go down the route of Thomas Jefferson's quote about the "Tree of Liberty", I fear that it will only hasten the destruction of this once great country. There is no way that the world would sit idly by and let a civil war be fought with access to the amount of capabilities that we have... not to mention that our enemies would take that opportunity to do everything on their dream sheet.

We've gotten ourselves stuck in a classic "Catch-22".
What you describe is a classic "Mexican Standoff" !

1 - 11 of 11 Posts