Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What make of brass are you guys finding to your liking when loading for the 45/70? I have access to Winchester, Remington, Starline, Hornady, Bertram, Federal and Buffalo Bore.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Wow, you must be lucky to be able to pick from all that! I like the *---* the best, followed by Remington. If I'm loading the gummy tips, I'll use Hornady factory brass simply because its already short. For me *---* lasts the longest. I notice that the other brands start splitting near the case mouths a bit sooner.

·
Premium Member
8,044 Posts
buffalo bore uses a small rifle primer not large rifle primer so I do not reload that at this point. I can only find the rem around here lately so that works fine for me.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Hi Quaticman, I bought a large supply of Starline brass when I bought my 45-70 and have been happy with it. It is a bit harder than some other brands, and I have to anneal the necks to get optimal results for my loads, but it is good brass and has served me well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.