Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted a full explanation of my issue in the general gun off topic forum but wanted to ask a basic question here.

I installed a brass front Skinner sight on a stainless Puma M92 and am having trouble with the sight looking "fuzzy" compared to black front blades/beads. Is this just me or is it the lighter color of the brass front sight?

This is a 16" barrelled rifle, and I have worn prescriptions since I was 10 (now 51) but a box stock 1894C with open sights doesn't have this problem. Maybe the barrel length compared to my go to gun 1895CB?

·
Vendor
1,942 Posts
The brass post in a Stainless Rifle could be catching some reflected light off the barrel. The lighter sights also do not look as "Crisp" as the black posts.

Also... The closer to your eye its going to be harder to focus on in the same sight picture as the target.

All that said... I've been getting orders from top end Cowboy Silhouette shooters who say the brass post / blade is a winning item.

I use my brass ones as both black and brass by coloring the face with a Sharpie Marker when I want a solid black post and rubbing it off when I want brass again.

Try that and see if it looks sharper..

·
Super Moderator
9,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Parson. That's where I was headed too. Knew you'd be able to shed some light on the subject. Pun intended.

·
Super Moderator
9,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Parson,
Your advice paid off.

Now would you hurry up with that ladder/peep thingy for the 1895?!?! ;D

Jeff

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.