Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I may sound nuts, or perhaps outside of the taste of the majority here, but I was wondering if Skinner has brass dovetail blank fillers. I'm looking at getting the Express sights in black gold or brass for my 30AS and thought it might look handsome with another flash of shine along the barrel.

I appreciate any response,

Joe

·
Vendor
1,941 Posts
Hello Joe,

We do not have any brass fillers at this time. I've made a few for special projects but they take enough time away from standard production I am cautious to stop and carve one out at the moment.

Something about the look of brass is kinda catching! :)

Thanks Joe,

ANDY

·
Registered
297 Posts
I plan on purchasing a Skinner site and the brass blank sounds great, if not too expensive.

riflerick

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Andy,

Thanks for the reply! I understand it takes extra time, pains and retooling probably to carve a single piece on a special request. Thanks for the prompt response. I appreciate your time, your craftsmanship and especially your products! I can't wait until I can scrape enough together to buy an Express sight in brass... Just dreaming and scheming 'til then.

Best regards,

Joe

·
Vendor
1,941 Posts
Hello Joe,

Getting special orders built is tough while keeping up with standard production. I do enjoy it however and a special project once in a while keeps the juices flowing!

This past week I made a couple Prototypes for manufactures that will be installed on some very interesting rifles.

Brass "EXPRESS" sights are good looking sights!

Thanks for the kind words Joe,

Keep dreaming and Scheming! Thats how great things happen...

ANDY

1 - 5 of 5 Posts