Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Marlin website still lists the 336 in 35 Remington - are these actually available? This would be, of course, a "Remlin." I am aware of the purist resistance, but are these brand new 35s ok?

·
Super Moderator
26,091 Posts
The 336C 35 Rem is still being made by Remlin. I would NEVER buy a Remlin from a website--I would only purchase it in person if I can fully work the action while inspecting the rifle. I have a Remlin 308MX that I bought after putting it though an old fashioned Army functions check at the store. It has been a fantastic rifle for me so far since buying it in early 2012. You can find a lot of JM Marlins in 35 Rem online at Gunbroker/Gunsamerica/Cabelas Library--etc. I would look those over first before considering a new Remlin. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
The 336C 35 Rem is still being made by Remlin. I would NEVER buy a Remlin from a website--I would only purchase it in person if I can fully work the action while inspecting the rifle. I have a Remlin 308MX that I bought after putting it though an old fashioned Army functions check at the store. It has been a fantastic rifle for me so far since buying it in early 2012. You can find a lot of JM Marlins in 35 Rem online at Gunbroker/Gunsamerica/Cabelas Library--etc. I would look those over first before considering a new Remlin. Good luck!
What he said.....

I want to put my hands and eyes on one before I lay my money down..........

·
Registered
155 Posts
I just got one off Gunbroker (long story there....ugh) but it looks to be unfired from 1996. My father just got a 336W in .30-30 from GunBroker that is absolutely gorgeous and looks to be unfired as well...I think his is a 2004 but dont quote me.

The point is....keep an eye out they are out there.

M

Reactions: Cajun

·
Registered
21 Posts
As others have said I would look around for a JM rifle before I considered a remlin. Also great advice about not buying a remlin that you dont actually get a hands on feel for as I have handled a few that were ok but many were BADDD! They do seem to be getting better though

Reactions: Cajun

·
Registered
59 Posts
They made a run of the 336's in .35 about a month ago. I had several come through the shop. Build quality was good on all of them, with the exception of the funky "checkering" they are using now.

·
Registered
7,921 Posts
I saw an interesting Marlin in 35 Rem at one of the LGS. He had one with a Barrel from the North Haven Factory but it had a Remington receiver (MR serial number). It didn't look to bad, I could see a little space between the barrel and the stock on the left forearm, but nothing terrible. The wood cut around the Tang looked good, the sights were straight, and it cycled fine. I guess we could call it a "Half Breed". He wanted $525 for it.

Mike T.

·
Registered
86 Posts
My 35 same deal conn.stamp on barrel Remington serial numbers a Remington roll marks mine is and was fine but I call it my red headed stepchild. Gun Rifle Shotgun Trigger Air gun

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
Pays to buy from a reputable dealer. Went with a person who bought a Remington 22 autoloader out of Reeds in Walker. He looked at the floor model and they gave him one in a box. The barrel was not properly aligned such that the sights were cockeyed. He took it back and they gave him a different one that was built right. The store helps with the warranty work and I tend to like to buy from them because of that. I really shy away from sight unseen mail order stuff anymore.

DEP

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.