Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a brand new 1894c at a local pawn shop. Not sure if it's a Marlin or a "Remington made Marlin". I have read that it will have REP stamped on the right side of the barrel if its Remington made. I don't see REP, but it does have "JM" at the rear of the barrel right in front of the action. They want $649.00 for it. Wondering if it's a true Marlin or Remington? Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
9,847 Posts
Yep, its a true Marlin and you'll love that little rifle! Plan to cycle the action a gazillion times while watching John Wayne movies. Welcome to Marlin Owners from Abilene and Goldthwaite, TX from another Wildcat -- BS in Ag 1964. Glad you're here! John

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Glad to hear that it is a true Marlin. Not hearing good things about the remington made rifles yet. It would be a sad day if they ruined one of best rifle brands of all time. I have never had a flaw with my marlin and this would be a great little carbine to add to the colletion. I agree that $649 is high but what do you do if you are trying to buy a new rifle. Seems this is the goin price now days. Thought I better snag this one up while I can. Haven't seen too many older Marlins in my area in quite some time.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Well you are right. They aren't getting any cheaper. And $100 or so is really insignificant over the life of the gun. Of course I wouldn't let any of this keep you from offering less. Bring in six crisp $100 bills and ask about an even trade: you never know. Let us know how it works out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts