Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3H1qQ.jpg

How's that for an eye catcher? I have to say, I'm really loving this little gun. This is my first Marlin, and my first bolt-action rimfire. The setup is pretty straight forward, an XT-22RZ in a Boyds stock, with a Mueller APT scope in Weaver "tactical" low rings, riding atop a DIP mount.

After a quick zeroing in, what you see is my attempt at an accuracy test at 50 yards using CCI Mini-mags. Front of the rifle rested on a wooden bench rest, the rear supported on a "sniper" bean bag in my hand. No shooting bench for me. With my shaky hands and somewhat of a crosswind, I think I did ok.

I don't compete and I don't hunt, so for me, this little guy is perfect. And you have to admit, it is pretty :)

·
Super Moderator
5,151 Posts
I would have to agree with you,it is a nice looking(pretty) gun.lol!

·
Registered
32,306 Posts
Yeah, that's a fine lookin' rifle. :tee:
I got a Boys's Tacticool stock for my heavy barreled CZ .22 They do a nice job, especially for the price.:congrats:

·
Registered
635 Posts
That came out really well sir. It looks like it is gonna be a shooter also. Thanks for sharing your work.

Regards, TallGrass

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm really glad that the stock switch went as well as it did, that is one sharp rifle!
Your previous thread will definetley help out a good number of people, thank you for documenting the proccess :)
Those are some nice groups, too- standing and all:congrats:

Respectfully,
-Sam

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
That's a real looker!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts