Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone out there bought any Boyd's wood for their NEF single shots?
Here's the deal. I had a nice .30-30 Handi-Rifle and got stupid and let it go. I know, I know...
So I was thinking about replacing it with a Henry single shot, but got to thinking,"I like the NEF rifles, except for the clubby seemingly unfinished shape of the furniture."
So what to do but go to Boyd's to see what they have.
Their offerings are a bit pricey, but having several of their finished stocks tells me that the resulting stock and forearm would be awesome.
With the Boyd's wood installed, I would just as soon have a nice NEF as the Henry single. Lighter, more compact, for about the same money.

·
Registered
19,497 Posts
Got the thumbhole on the 10-22...heavy, but love it!

·
Registered
468 Posts
Have had several Boyd’s stocks. Always fit pretty good. If I ever buy another one I will pay extra for the unfinished option and finish it myself, they come a little oversized. Usually fit good just “fat”.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I placed the Boyd's thumb hole stock on my H&R 45/70. It is a bit heavy, looks great. I think the heaviness was welcome with the recoil.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I'm thinking about getting a walnut Boyd's buttstock and forearm for my 223.....i think it would it look nice. 😊

1 - 6 of 6 Posts