Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here she is!! :eek:
Fit was great but not perfect, needs a minor tweaking to be 100% but overall it's GORGEOUS and feels AWESOME!! When you shoulder her your line of sight is perfect everytime with the scope!!! Definantly worth the money and upgrade from the factory plastic.

·
Premium Member
13,306 Posts
That does it, I'm going to have to get another X rifle just to put it in one of those. ;)

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
I bought my XL7 with the black stock because I am hard on my hunting rifles. I like the aesthetics of a pretty wood stock, but I wont shed a tear if my ugly plastic takes a dinger. My plastic stock is not straight and pushes hard on the right side of the barrel. My original thought was to remove material on the right side to match it to the left side. Seeing the Dakota made me consider the upgrade. Then I thought the classic is actually a better choice for me because it has less drop and I have short neck and thick shoulders. So I ordered the classic and the big brown truck delivered it today. It looks beautiful, but I haven't installed it yet. I will install it once to check fit and then glass bed it and change the recoil pad to a softer one. I will, also, shorten the length of pull.

·
Banned
20,659 Posts
Now THAT'S how a rifle should look! Beautiful stock!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Nice Pics! The new stock looks GREAT! I'm really glad Boyd's came out with it and that they seem to have strong interest from customers. Hope they are still offering the Dakota for the XL7 when I finally get around to actually buying the rifle. I keep looking at these pics trying to envision a stainless gun with the walnut version after having given it a treatment similar to what mpolk gave his Boyds stock here http://www.marlinowners.com/forums/index.php/topic,81655.0.html as I really love the high gloss look. Then again... that laminated looks to have a fairly high gloss look to it. I'll have to consider it more closely I think.

This might be better asked in a new thread but I'll ask here... I'd been kicking around the idea of ordering a Boyd's walnut then shipping it off to someone to have it checkered. So has anyone ever tried to have a Boyd's laminated checkered?

·
Registered
147 Posts
dhbwa said:
I sure wish they offered checkering, that's why I am going to order a factory walnut asap.
I called Marlin Monday about a factory walnut stock for my .270. They said they won't have any in stock for 60 days.
I got lucky and won one off ebay for $115 shipped. I don't have it yet but will post pics when I get it.
I think the last time I asked Marlin about one it was $154 plus tax plus $12 shipping. That brought it to about $180 for me to get one, so I am pleased with the $115.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts