Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just about can't stand it its been so long since I killed something. I really wanted to bluddy the 1894 this year but no such luck. I have been going through all of the hunting posts looking at dead animals and at all the other gun pron on this site (even though I have seen it 100 times).

I didn't even try to quail hunt once deer season was over due to several other projects needing to be finished and problems with my hear tand gout. I have two 4 year old shorthairs that really need the work too.

I case you don't know it gout sux.

weather is good tomorrow and I might just have to make the 4 hr round trip to thee ranch just to burn some powder. :)

I really envy you guys that live on acrearge or can at least get there without burning 4-5 hrs on the road.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Deer season may be over, but hunting is a year round thing! You still have hogs, 'yotes, rabbits, even raccoons! I don't know where your from but theres gotta be something in season between now and next deer season.

I too wish I had more time to hunt. I suppose everybody does.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Shoot, my trigger finger is itching just to get to the range! Been so dang much snow and bitter cold here, there's been no way. I've got LOTS of 44, 30-06, and some others to try out at the range... ::)

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
gyrhed, I don't know anything about fixing hearts, but suffering from gout is unnecessary. Now you will have to make some dietary consessions on red meat, red wine, sharp cheeses and numerous other foods and drinks. A good doctor can prescribe allopurinol and you can keep the stuff away. I have in years past had gout in almost every joint including my heels. I have no more than one small (6-7 oz) steak per week, one slice of bacon about 4 days a week and take the pills (not expensive) and watch to avoid or limit other foods on the bad list privided by my physician, and I have not had an attack in years. This approach is much better than taking indocin or other non inflamitories, which may or may not work once the attack occurs. Check with your doc. There is help, if you will help yourself. best wishes, Jack

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Problem is you have to get rid of the gout to start alpurinol. I have actually started it twice not recognizing that I still had gout in a joint. I never equated a little stiffness with gout, but.....

Colchine makes drops it off to almost nothing, as do steriods but they mess with my heart rythm and I an only take them long enough to knock it down but not out. I get to where I can function and then I will screw up and slip on the ice or fall or work too hard or just do something else to cause it to flare again. As of today I have been about two weeks without a flare but I still have it slightly in my left ankle and my right big toe. Not even enough that I feel it all the time.

I never had problems with gout until the OLD cardiologist put me on a different rythm medicine (for no reason other than some pretty girl in a short squirt said it was better I bet) and then also told me to take rat poison or find another doctor. After leaving bloody footprints all over a brand new floor at a jobsite I found another doctor. Seems as though it was real easy to find somone that thought the rat poison was excessive especially since I found the actual study on the internet and I didn't even come close to fitting the bill.

I hope to start Alpurinol soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.