Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a Marlin 1894C from a "friend of a friend" that I've got acquainted with. He let me have a little bit of a deal on it cause it has birch stocks instead of walnut, made in the '90's I believe. At a small one day gun show Saturday he came by my table and jokin popped off about seein if I had that 357 on my table. Told him Nope, done sold it, got $1800 out of it. He said Why you sorry rascal if I woulda knowed you was gonna resell it I wouldn't have................YOU GOT HOW MUCH?!?!?! :biggrin: I had to start laughin and so did he. Told him I put it up and get it out to pet once in a while. I had one once before and sold it like a dummy, figurin to keep this'un around a while. Think I've got a set of Williams peep sights that orta work just fine on it.

·
Registered
20,515 Posts
Come on now, you know the rules..... pics or it didn't happen!:biggrin:

Reactions: Golphin

·
Registered
44 Posts
+3...

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
The only birch-stocked 1894s I know of were made for the Big 5 chain. Started out at $199 for .357, .44 or .30-30, ended up at $399 several years later when the demand for Marlins peaked and they had a year's backorders. IIRC, they started the econo-1894 sales about '99 or 2000. I bought several of the .44s, no one in the area had the .357s, ever. There are like 10 stores in this metro area, I don't think they ever shipped any here. I've always wondered how many of the economy versions they made, might be something for collectors there. And as far as $1800 goes for value, demand is such that you may get that if you'd auction it off as a "rare variation". I saw a tag for $1200 on one at a show a few months ago.

Stan S

1 - 6 of 6 Posts