Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LARRY. We're still waiting on the results of the bounce test you were going to do. Did it work? POWDERMAN. :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
834 Posts
Well truth is I never tried it. For some strange reason the bugs weren't bad up there. Put on some deet the first day I got there, second day I decided to wait until I needed it before I got myself all sticky. Never did use any repelent the rest of the trip. Think the varmits were on vacation themselves.

Larry

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
If I remember will try it at Shawnee. but still taking deet just in case. :D..

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Will be happy to post them.. when I return.. :lol:

·
Registered
264 Posts
This isn't anything to do with bounce, but "don't laugh untill you try it" right..

Avon skin-so-soft does not repel mosquitoes up here.
But I sure did smell nice for that day.

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Danuve... I am not going to even ask ... :D

·
Banned
2,406 Posts
Do you think Junkie?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok guys, cut DANURVE some slack here. I have personally used Avons skin so soft. It works on chiggers and I've rarely found a live tick on me after using it, doesn't help the skeeters though. All of the loggers use it around here, they claim it is the best thing for ticks they've found, and I wasn't ABOUT to call them sissies. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: The ticks are terrible here, you can't even walk through tall grass without getting them. Things were simpler years back when folks could burn a woods off to get rid of the underbrush and millions of the ticks at the same time, helped the mushrooms too. The turkey ticks here will cover your legs like black pepper. Danurve may smell SWEET, but I doubt he has many ticks. POWDERMAN. :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Deep Woods Off has the highest %% of Deet. I've always had good luck with it. I have not been able to find the 100% Army Deet in the little green bottle for years and years.

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Powderman.. LMAOPMP.. ..

Well I was not thinking along them lines with my reply.... ROFLMAO>. I will quit now. :lol:

·
Registered
264 Posts
tubby; Ben's is supposta be 100% if you can find it - comes in a small orange bottle.

Powderman; I see you understood my post and know of the product. Intended as a 'review' with a humorus kick. Some other people...
These days I stick with deet since up here (I suspect due to climate) the biggest problem is mosquitoes and kudjo black flies.

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Danurve: Now I fully understand why the Snakes like you.. your attracting them with body lotion...

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Don't work.. LOL.. Carry Deet.. :lol:

·
Registered
489 Posts
There is a brand called Repel 100 that is 100% DEET. It comes in a small spray bottle and it's commonly available at Walmart, Kmart or Target. Deep Woods OFF works great but smells to high heaven. Repel 100 doesn't.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts