Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Following up after my Mini 14 thread but picked up this stainless Ruger 10/22 takedown today on clearance at Walmart for $169. I really didn't need this gun either but the price was too good to pass up and I haven't owned a 10/22 in a dozen years or so. The bag is a nice touch and should provide plenty of storage for mags & ammo.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
That's a real deal and I wouldn't have passed that up either. I try very hard not to business at Walmart but may have to make an exception If I can find one like that also.

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
Now you can spend about $1000 dollars and make it one hell of a gun! Joking aside get a KIDD trigger. Dang they are nice!

Reactions: M1Riflenut

·
Registered
656 Posts
Nice 10/22 ,I never find deals like that. I bought the 10/22 takedown in the bronze model planning to deck it out with tactical solutions barrel but the darn thing is so accurate I think I would be wasting my money .Enjoy your new toy.

Reactions: turbobug

·
Registered
215 Posts
Glad to hear from someone who did no alterations/upgrades to their 10/22. Could never understand the concept of buying something that needed so many changes to make it a shooter. Seems some end up with the receiver being the only original 'Ruger' component. But, if that's what floats your boat, go for it. To each his own?

·
Banned
8,174 Posts
They shoot so so out the box.To turn it into a shooter that can consistently do 1/2” groups at 50yrds,yoneed to change out the barrel half,and the trigger group.
I got a volquartzen barrel Assy and trigger group.Also a new bolt.Only kept the bag,rear stock and receiver.Shoots a lot of 1 hole 5 shot groups at 50 yards.With CCI mini mag.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.