Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a mossy 500 persuader 12ga last week. 20 inch barrel 8rd mag for Hd and range gun. It came full stocked and came with a pistol grip. I have an 870 tactical also. And the finish on the 870 is great, the mossberg bluing is terrible.
I don't really mind because I bought it for the house. I put an ATI collapsble stock on it, and I'm going to put a house forend.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I have a Mossberg 500 with the 28" barrel. I am wanting to get a shorter barrel like a 20" for home defense but not sure where is the best place to get one? I see midwayusa has them and the 20" is almost $190 and there are 2 that are 18 1/2" that are $80 and $100. Not sure what the differences would be or what route to go.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I have a pursuader 20" 8 rounder. the bluing is perfect, feeds flawless. I did cut about 1-1/2" off the stock and put on a spongy recoil pad, makes that 00 buck nicer on the shoulder.

Javajacob, what are you wanting the shorter barrel for? If you are planning on home defense, either short barrel will work. If you are going to use it for bears or the like a cylinder bore is best for slugs. Buds will run their Mosberg Mavericks with the 18" bbl for under $200 every now and then... just thoughts.

james

·
Registered
720 Posts
I want a short barrel for home defense. Just not sure which barrel to get.
If your Mossberg has the 5 rd magazine, you need the 18" barrel....if it has the longer magazine(7 rd I think) you need the 20" barrel.....Mike
If your shotgun has a 28" barrel it would be the five shot magazine with a wooden dowel in it to limit it to 3 rds total.....and you"ll need the 18" barrel. Watch Midway, they put these barrels on sale ever so often and you can get a good deal.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Do any of you Mossy hot rodders have a "stock" full length 500 butt stock that you would part with? Since we southern cheese-heads can now use rifles for deer I want to change my dedicated 500 Trophy slug gun into a turkey slayer and need a lower comb. Ebay prices are sky rockets! Can anyone help me?

·
Registered
720 Posts
check here.....havlinsales.......if you don't see what you need on the website give them a call or email....Dick and Cheryl Havlin have been good people to do business with for me.......Mike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.