Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
Gun is sweet, shoots great. Didn't want a scope to begin with but really helps trying to hit something 50-60 yards away. I'm already interested in another Marlin 336 model.

Attachments

·
Registered
20,660 Posts
I see you found out how to post the pictures. Congratulations on both. You can own more than one Marlin , you do know that. Most here own more than one in the same caliber.

·
Super Moderator
25,165 Posts
Actually that looks to be a Marlin Model 30AS--but that is my favorite Marlin 20 inch barreled carbine. You just can't beat those end cap models.

·
Registered
20,660 Posts
Hey Bassman, you say the Marlins are cheap in your area, it looks like your about 3 to 3 1/2 hours away. Line em up & give me a holler.

Reactions: Ret_Eng and oleroy

·
Registered
569 Posts
Very nice start to your collection!

·
Super Moderator
25,165 Posts
It actually has 6084S on barrel, no A.
That was the model number they put on those Model 30AS heritage rifles--it is a 30AS Model under a different name due to the special medalion in the birch stock. Very nice rifle!

Reactions: dpe.ahoy

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey Bassman, you say the Marlins are cheap in your area, it looks like your about 3 to 3 1/2 hours away. Line em up & give me a holler.
No No, I said there were a few out there for sale. But there is a couple for around $300.

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nice, what is the medallion in the stock ?
It's the Mountain Man Commemorative Medallion

Just as I was taking this pic a nice doe step out of the woods to my mineral block. I'm going to take that as a good sign.

Attachments

·
Registered
656 Posts
Nice rifle!The Mountain Man Medallion is cool.
A lgs has one like yours but the medallion is a bear and reads "great American game series"

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
A good one to start a collection with! :congrats:

·
Registered
9,156 Posts
Bassman1, welcome to MO's! Nice looking Marlin, didn't know about these comm. series, yet another one to keep an eye out for. It will never end, till I look at the roots of the grass. DP

1 - 20 of 22 Posts