Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2x8 Bushnell Scopechief today for 35.00 dollars and it is sweet. Some of you older gents might remember this scope. It has the ring in front of the focus ring and behind the power ring that when you turn it a little your reticule turns from a standard crosshair into a post crosshair. I always liked this idea and the Scopechief always seemed to hold up well. I put it on my 1894 44 mag Marlin Limited with 16.25 inch barrel.

Regards
Horseshoe

·
Premium Member
12,566 Posts
The Scopechiefs were really great scopes. I have been trying to buy an 2.5 - 8 for a reasonable price, but every time I find one they go for around $100. My personal favorite is the Scopechief VI. I have one in 3-9X40 with BDC that has been on my Ruger M77 since 1984. Still is the best scope I own.

·
Registered
8,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The one I bought is a Scopechief IV . It is a relatively small scope and has the large white numbers for the power settings. It even has the original lens covers.

Regards
Horseshoe

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
As stated peviously I had 3 of these scopes at one time (a long time ago). Still have one on an old Mossberg .22WMR "Chuckster". Good , cheap useful scopes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts