Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought A Cold Steel Voyager 4" Folder Today

Nice. Well made. Very Good steel. Razor sharp from the box. Feels solid. Has the light weight composit body and opens with one hand. I'm pleased as I've been looking for a new, quick opener for carrying for quite awhile. Had a nice SOG that looks just like this one, about, but didn't like the serrated blade/tanto point that much for everyday use and the serrated is a real stinker to sharpen. A well spent 50$$, I think.

·
Banned
1,744 Posts

Worthless without pics. Tubby, you know better. :x

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

sore shoulder said:
Worthless without pics. Tubby, you know better. :x

Just like this one........

·
Registered
25,048 Posts

Nice Tubby... real nice.. :lol:

·
Banned
1,744 Posts

Rest assured, if it says Cold Steel it is shaving sharp out of the box, and high quality. I own at least four at this time, 2 that I have had for over 15 years, one a folder that is no longer made called a twist lock.

They all ride in my truck one place or another. Recon Tanto accessible by driver. Master Hunter in seat back in case I hit a deer or elk. Recon Bowie on pistol belt. Twist lock in small backpack with other essentials.

·
Registered
696 Posts

Hey, Tubster, I have one of those except in the Tanto blade style! I've had it for years and it's still in great shape. The steal on those is AUS-8 an equivalent of 440-B

·
Registered
2,212 Posts

I carried the clip point for several years. Well, as in more than one, as I kept losing them. My last one broke a pocket clip and I sent it back for repair. They sent me a new one, but it is fully serrated.

In the intrum, I bought one of their small, about 3" voyagers. Now I have three of them. It seems a little more user friendly and the customers don't go diving under furniture, when I pull it out of my pocket.

I have had Benchmades, a Puma and several others. None seem to work as well for me, as the Cold Steel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts