Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lyman Cast Bullet hand book, 3rd or 4th edition. Can anyone out there tell me which is the better?
Keep in mind I only cast and load for 25/20wcf in rifle and .38spec in pistol. I may or may-not work with either .32S&W long or .38S&W later on down the track.

Thanks.

·
Registered
116 Posts
The new one is a lot better, but given what you are working with it isn't going to do much for you beyond be something fun to read. I also agree on the Ken Waters book, that is a good read also though of limited usefulness as far as working up loads. I often break it out to look through while waiting for the lead pot to get up to temp.

-Nobade

·
Premium Member
18,171 Posts
I'll also vote for the 4th Edition of the CBH, I got it for Christmas and think it's a notable improvement over the 3rd Edition. But be forewarned, it will make you dream of new loads in new calibers in new guns, and most of those will be Marlins. In other words, it's a carrier! :fisheye:

Reactions: LtFrankDrebbin

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is part reason for my asking, it may be a bit of a waste for me? Since I have been casting and loading with success for a few years now in the calibers listed.
The info provided in 25-20 loaders thread is hard to beat along with the cast boolits mob.

The back of the mind does however niggle that maybe the book may have something of importance I have missed.
Oh well curiosity will get the better of the wallet one day so thanks to your recommendations 4th edition will be on the long term to-get list.

If I chance upon the Ken Waters book I will consider, availability here in Aust. will more than likely forbid.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
I'll also vote for the 4th Edition of the CBH, I got it for Christmas and think it's a notable improvement over the 3rd Edition. But be forewarned, it will make you dream of new loads in new calibers in new guns, and most of those will be Marlins. In other words, it's a carrier! :fisheye:
PapaJohn, I dont think it was the book that has you dreaming of new loads in new calibers... I just think that's caused by you breathing....

LFD, you can always check out castpics loads...
Cast Bullet Load Data

Doc

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.