Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've got four large bone-in skin-on chicken breast halves. I'm brining them this afternoon, and plan to bake them for dinner. I want to keep it simple, but still have them taste good. I'm thinking about putting some seasoned butter under the skin.

We're having an all day rain today, so putting them in the Dutch oven is not an option. Don't want to do them on the grill.

Any other suggestions anyone can think of?

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
400-425 for 25-35 minutes skin side up. Leave skin on for protection. After removing from brine, rinse and brush on butter. Pepper and garlic POWDER. No additional salt, since it will have plenty from the brine. Check after 25 min and every 5 min afterward. Don't over bake.

This comes out as a roasted chicken, as if it were done on a spit, no sauce or gravy.

Reactions: J BOBWAY

·
Registered
702 Posts
if grill has a cover grill anyway. 2 hours indirect heat. slop on favorite sauce.
raining steady here - just pulled off sliced pork loin, boneless. roasted over hickory/oak coals.

·
Administrator
23,796 Posts
For chicken I generally do whatever on the seasoning then freeze them. Crank my grill up on high wait till it's up to temp.

Then put them on. Wait till they are browned on one side turn it over till it's browned on the other.

Turn the grill down and turn two of the burners off. Put them on the top rack and let them slow cook.

The hot initial browning from frozen seals in the juices and the slow cooking then thaws them to a very good juicy breast.

Normally I just take boneless and cook them this way from frozen. I season them when consuming.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts