Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well I took my 270 to the range and the extractor broke when I tried to chamber the first round I had marlin send me the parts but my girlfriends dog tore up my owners manual I was wondering if someone could explain how to disassemble the bolt the guy I talked to at marlin said that it was simple

·
Banned
373 Posts
You don't have to take the bolt apart to change the extractor, it is a simple process, depress a spring loaded ball and slide new extractor into place.
I would definitely blame the gun and not the ammo, this has been an on going problem with this gun. Many owners have had their extractors break,yours is not the first , and definitely won't be the last, they are a very cheap cast metal part. One of the many reasons why the gun sells for $300.00

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you its installed now to get some remington corloct 130 grain and head to the range :) but just noticed I have to buy a new scope the bushnell elite 3200 3-9x50 I bought has drops of water in the back lense :'(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.