Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If this is in the wrong place.................Mods please move.

I am in need of a new mower. A local store has started selling Bobcat Zero Turn Mowers. Does anyone have any experience with these ???

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
What model are you looking at.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My neighbor has one and is really happy with it.

He was just telling me that it is also US Made.

He mows about an acre or two with it weekly.

EDIT:

I've got it wrong. He owns a Bad Boy, sorry.
Bad Boy out of my price range.............

Plus, not a dealer around here for warranty issues

·
Registered
5,749 Posts
Just a little over a acre. Flat ground? I would look at hustlers. A mower with a 48 to 52 inch deck should put your mowing time between 35 to 45 minutes. Word of the wise says don't tweezer yourself into the cheapest mower. It will cost you more in the long run. I mow 3+ acres and can speak from past experience.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just a little over a acre. Flat ground? I would look at hustlers. A mower with a 48 to 52 inch deck should put your mowing time between 35 to 45 minutes. Word of the wise says don't tweezer yourself into the cheapest mower. It will cost you more in the long run. I mow 3+ acres and can speak from past experience.
WOW, found a hustler dealer 10 miles from the house. Price is awesome.
Going to go look tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
14,167 Posts
Also Big Dog mowers are made by the same people that make Hustler and they cater more to the homeowner but pretty much the same mowers and warranty. I have the Alpha and it is on the lower end and has been good to me.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
CRZ 48, I have a little over an acre to mow
48 is a good size for an acre. I never heard of the CRZ so I looked it up. It's a consumer grade version of a commercial mower. I have mowed thousands of acres with Bobcat commercial mowers. If the CRZ is half as good as the commercial grade, it will last a long long time. It appears to have a fabricated deck vs a stamped deck. Stamped decks just can't take the abuse that the welded steel decks can.

·
Super Moderator
40,849 Posts
I'm a 'BAD BOY' fan! My youngest brother has a commercial one with a 31 horse Kawasaki motor, 60" deck. Cut's 3 1/2 acres at his home. I cut mom's grass with it, drive it there. He has almost 3,000 hours on it in seven years.

Problems:

1- gas line eroded from 10% ethanol gas.
2- three blades. $$$
3- cheap seat.

Besides that it's a grass cutting machine!

ca'jun56

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.