Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a neighbor has one for sale ,made in 1972 ,i saw it once ,seemed like bluing was good ,finish on stock had flaked off a little ,butt pad had ben replaced .i should know what they bring but haven't seen one for sale lately .he wants 475.oo thanks

·
Banned
16,333 Posts
a neighbor has one for sale ,made in 1972 ,i saw it once ,seemed like bluing was good ,finish on stock had flaked off a little ,butt pad had ben replaced .i should know what they bring but haven't seen one for sale lately .he wants 475.oo thanks
Go ahead and buy it. You cannot lose at that price

Reactions: turbobug

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Buy that sucker if for no other reason than it's the second coming of the Marlin 1895. eh

Reactions: rlm1 and turbobug

·
Premium Member
17,018 Posts
"bo" 1895

Okay, I'll bite, what exactly are we talking about here? What's a "bo"??
Hey Mazer,

That would be the 1972 "reintroduction" of the 1895.

Happen to have one, that I purchased new (at the hardware store) in '75.:biggrin:

Later, Mark

Attachments

·
Registered
208 Posts
This afternoon I stopped at a local pawn shop; they had 3 Marlins on the rack; two were 336's and one was an 1895 with "23" prefix (which makes it a 1977 model). It has a long barrel (probably 22") and smooth stocks, no safety and micro-groove rifling. The rifle is easily 95%. The bore was pretty dirty so I suggested letting me return with some cleaning supplies and clean the bore so I could get a better look. I did about any hour latter; the bore was pristine. They had $500 on it so I offered $500 out the door (ie they pay the sales tax) which they agreed to effectively making the price of the rifle about $472. I'm about to go out of town but when I get back I'll post some pics. I'm very pleased with my purchase and think I got an 1895 in super condition at a pretty good price.

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
at first i couldn't figure out the rear sight ,with no elevator ,duh then i got it .rear sight has a low v then you hold center like a peep then for long shot put front sight at top of sight ,kinda like it .shuda took that scope mount off before photo ,its off now .thanks for advice

·
Banned
6,933 Posts
Prices have been going up on all JM Marlins. I've been noticing higher prices across the board on all JM Marlins with the except of some 30-30's which are as common as dirt. Some 45-70's in pristine condition have an asking price of $800.00. 45-70's that are less than pristine still have asking prices of $700 or $750. Anytime you run into one below $600 buy it, even if you already have one. Rumor has it no one is making JM Marlins anymore.

Cheers!

Mike T.

Reactions: msharley
1 - 18 of 18 Posts