Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Blue Wonder" Gun Cleaner

I have a Stevens model 414 Armory that had a good bore with strong riflings. I worked on it for a long time with a bronze brush and Hoppes # 9 until patches were relatively clean several weeks ago. Not being satisfied with the look of the bore, I decided to use a product I had a sample of to see if it would improve the bore. Using the directions on the tube, I can't believe the crap that came out of the bore. Bits of copper, red tinted junk that must be rust, and stuff that looks like lead. I now rate the bore at very good to excellent, no pits and just a tad of wear just in front of the chamber. It's not mint but bright and shiney.

I recommend this product for a bore that needs help!

DG

·
Registered
272 Posts

Hey that sounds great.Do you find it in gun shops or is it a Hardware item??Where is the home plant??Gotta get that stuff.Thanks.modoc

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Modoc

Go to this site to find the product. http://www.bluewonder.us/BlueWonderArmadillo.html

I suggest you get the tube of "Blue Wonder" tube "Large". cost is $9.99 plus shipping. If you like it, you can always get the more expensive offering.

DG
modoc said:
Hey that sounds great.Do you find it in gun shops or is it a Hardware item??Where is the home plant??Gotta get that stuff.Thanks.modoc

·
Registered
1,586 Posts

A 6 oz. tube of it goes for about 8 bucks at the local gun shop. Be sure to follow the directions, especially on lubing after using this stuff- the cleaned metal will need a rust barrier of some kind....

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts

I've been using a tube that I won on the old Marlin Talk site. A little goes a long way, and it's sure made the difference, turning questionable bores into great bores!

·
Registered
272 Posts

Great news,now I'll be able to forgo the liner and renew the bore with BLUE WONDER...Thanks for the tip..modoc

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts

Doc's advice about oiling the bore afterwards is very important, and great advice! Your bore will be like new raw metal, and easily rusted if it isn't oiled!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts