Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have experience with this one? Lgs has one for a decent price, trying to decide if i want a new caliber.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Great rifle. Not sold on the chambering. Brass may be tough to get in the future and at that velocity expensive premium bullets are warranted if being used for hunting. Probably why it is priced well.

A friend of mine used a 7mm Remington not for years it was a great rifle.

·
Registered
7,586 Posts
Have one in 308, and love it.
As for the 270, I also have that in a bolt action, one of my favorite calibers.

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Have one in 7mm WSM, great rifle accurate and light weight power house. Factory loads chronograph out to advertised velocity and are accurate. So far have not been able to match that velocity with handloads. Don't worry about 270 WSM brass, it is a necked down 300 WSM which is popular, can be necked down/shoulder reformed to 270 WSM. The 7mm WSM is the problem child since it is not based on the 300 WSM case, and not a popular cartridge.

The rifle itself is based on the short action BLR (light receiver) with a standard contour 22 inch barrel, about a half pound lighter than a long action 270 Winchester, and more than a pound lighter and shorter than a 7MM Rem magnum BLR.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I have model 70 .270 WSM. Shoots into 1/2 inch at a hundred with bad eyes. Shoots as flat as a pancake and will smoke anything including elk' just listen to Jack O'Conner. One of the Best rounds I ever had.- Locoman

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a 270 win in a bolt gun. Is it worth the extra 250-300 fps?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts