Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering if anyone has loaded a SMOKELESS round as a scare only load. We have geese trying to overtake our pond. I have loaded one round with AA#5 and cornstarch but I haven't lit it off yet. does anyone have a dependable load?...hawken...

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
use millet instead of shot. Works really well. It's what we use for blanks at dog trials

·
Registered
71 Posts
Forget the gun. The best thing for geese is a dog, especially a lab. The golf club I used to belong to had a terrible goose problem until the superintendent started riding around at night with his dog. In just a couple of months, the geese were gone, and never returned. My current club doesn't have a dog, and the geese are terrible, even attacking carts if they decide to lay their eggs near the cart path.

One came after me today. I might have to carry on the golf course.

·
Registered
7,919 Posts
Coyote decoys can work to keep geese away.

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
The geese around town here haven't migrated in 20 years, and probably wouldn't flinch at a distant gunshot anyway. They'll stop traffic (well, the geese lovin' drivers do actually) on a 6 lane boulevard while they take their sweet time crossing it.
Get some 'Twin Shot' pest control shells...it essentially lobs a large loud firecracker right out there with 'em.

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
Riding around with his "dong"........LOL!! I about wet my pants pete:shot: .... It is good that he has it with him, since leaving it unattended at home might cause trouble....

Forget the gun. The best thing for geese is a dog, especially a lab. The golf club I used to belong to had a terrible goose problem until the superintendent started riding around at night with his dong. In just a couple of months, the geese were gone, and never returned. My current club doesn't have a dog, and the geese are terrible, even attacking carts if they decide to lay their eggs near the cart path.

·
Premium Member
17,878 Posts
Claymores in the feeding zone. It only takes a couple!

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
I wanna know, why the #%!! are they still protected? It's not like they are on the brink of extinction.

·
Administrator
22,111 Posts
Here in Michigan we have non migrating nuisance geese. You can take the with a small game license. They taste good smoked

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.