Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering if anyone has loaded a SMOKELESS round as a scare only load. We have geese trying to overtake our pond. I have loaded one round with AA#5 and cornstarch but I haven't lit it off yet. does anyone have a dependable load?...hawken...

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
use millet instead of shot. Works really well. It's what we use for blanks at dog trials

·
Premium Member
836 Posts
Just kill those nasty things. They are so bad here in AR that they have put signs at most all campgrounds stating "don't feed the geese". They are like muslims, kill them all or they will try to take over :flute:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Forget the gun. The best thing for geese is a dog, especially a lab. The golf club I used to belong to had a terrible goose problem until the superintendent started riding around at night with his dog. In just a couple of months, the geese were gone, and never returned. My current club doesn't have a dog, and the geese are terrible, even attacking carts if they decide to lay their eggs near the cart path.

One came after me today. I might have to carry on the golf course.

·
Registered
7,298 Posts
Coyote decoys can work to keep geese away.

·
Registered
11,229 Posts
The geese around town here haven't migrated in 20 years, and probably wouldn't flinch at a distant gunshot anyway. They'll stop traffic (well, the geese lovin' drivers do actually) on a 6 lane boulevard while they take their sweet time crossing it.
Get some 'Twin Shot' pest control shells...it essentially lobs a large loud firecracker right out there with 'em.

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
Riding around with his "dong"........LOL!! I about wet my pants pete:shot: .... It is good that he has it with him, since leaving it unattended at home might cause trouble....

Forget the gun. The best thing for geese is a dog, especially a lab. The golf club I used to belong to had a terrible goose problem until the superintendent started riding around at night with his dong. In just a couple of months, the geese were gone, and never returned. My current club doesn't have a dog, and the geese are terrible, even attacking carts if they decide to lay their eggs near the cart path.

·
Premium Member
18,035 Posts
Claymores in the feeding zone. It only takes a couple!

·
Premium Member
7,659 Posts
Well this is sort of old now but I am moving it to reloading. Gater!

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
I wanna know, why the #%!! are they still protected? It's not like they are on the brink of extinction.

·
Administrator
23,796 Posts
Here in Michigan we have non migrating nuisance geese. You can take the with a small game license. They taste good smoked

1 - 17 of 17 Posts