Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Outside is a given, I'd say....I'm planning on putting the big cast iron skillet on the gas grill, throwing in a half stick of butter, setting it on high and when she's going pretty good and staring to smoke, throw in the steak or whatever...rubbed down with a decent spicy rub, of course.......Sound about right?

·
Registered
485 Posts
sounds great but i dont have enuf time to get there :) best primerib i ever had was blacked @ THE BLACK ANGUS in panama city gonna go back there this summer just to have 1 or 2 or 3 :lol: mike243

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I haven't done it yet.....is the way I described it how it's done? I know the cast iron has to be pretty hot and lots of butter is called for. Think a commercial Cajun Rub would be the best flavor?

·
Registered
485 Posts
sorry tubby i didnt see your post ? til just now i love blackened steaks or fish you can pu blackened seasoning just about anywhere only problem i have is salt content the more flavor the more saltier, i normally do this on side burner of the grill cause of the mess,1/2 stick of unsalted real butter & bring temp way up till smoking then add meat carefully cook 2 min & flip, my brotherinlaw gets skillet red hot then adds butter lookout it will flame up but it was some of the best blackened catfish i ever eat :) mike243

1 - 5 of 5 Posts