Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When cleaning my 60 the other day I noticed a hairline crack in the buffer. I don't know how long it's been there. I just got new glasses and added more lighting to my work area. Can only see it with both.

It's a new style sn starts with 00. So which is better or doesn't it matter?

Thanks

·
Registered
445 Posts
From what I have read, there is no difference except the hole size, which is not a concern. It is either a little loose or tighter but doesn't affect the purpose of the buffer. I found Midway has the best price. Buy two, one to replace and an extra. Might think about the recoil spring too.

·
Premium Member
All kinds. Enamored of their mechanisms!
10,934 Posts
Not familiar with the materials. I suspect something from the urethane family. I know in rubber compounds carbon black is added for strength and durability. (think:tires) Durometer (the measure of hardness) is a critical factor. Perhaps someone with more knowledge then myself will cement this question.

AC

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From what I have read, there is no difference except the hole size, which is not a concern. It is either a little loose or tighter but doesn't affect the purpose of the buffer. I found Midway has the best price. Buy two, one to replace and an extra. Might think about the recoil spring too.
I have on my list a spare recoil spring and one each of the 2 different size circlips. Just in case I booger up or lose one. Guess I'll add a second buffer.
Thanks

·
Registered
22,702 Posts
:dito:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I decided black is beautiful.
I ordered from Numrich even though Midway was cheaper because Midway didn't have something in stock I needed for another gun.

Time to start studying videos on the procedure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts