Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.........oh wait, that's something else. ;D Got my Black Gold rear peep for my 39A today. Impeccable quality and the fit/finish is superb! Thanks for making such a quality product for our beloved Marlins. I don't think this will be my last Skinner sight. 8)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Right behind you; ordered a Black Gold express version for my 1894c today. Nice pix just reinforces my decision.

·
Premium Member
5,018 Posts
Hey the CKB -- Got mine today too. Mounted, sighted in, and going Peep hunting in the morning!! Best regards. Wind

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hehehe! Looks great! Have fun with those peeps, I heard they can be some sticky critters. :eek: ;D

·
Premium Member
12,566 Posts
Black & Gold...Steeler colors. What's not to like?

I notice they don't make them in green & gold now, do they? Let's see Roe mount one of these on his gun.

·
Registered
9,665 Posts
Skinner sights are starting to grow on me. ;D I might have to get new sights. 8) 8) ;D

·
Registered
6 Posts
I ordered a Black Gold sight for my 39AS yesterday. I tried to email the company and check on their delivery schedule but their mail box is full and my email wasn't delivered.
How long does it usually take

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I suppose it depends on the stock they have on-hand but I ordered mine on 3-22 and received it on 4/14.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Right. I ordered mine yesterday morning and late that afternoon got an e-mail from PayPal saying they were shipped. So if they are in stock, I guess they go right out of the door.

·
Vendor
1,942 Posts
Hi Guys,

Grab the cup of coffee, this is going to be fairly lengthy but hopefully transparent to help answer any questions.

Athanasor is correct, Usually we are out the door with anything that is in stock. Sometimes i'm in the process of making a group of sights (by model and style) and those ship as soon as they are finished. For example, I've just shipped a run of Express and 39 Black Golds and next up are Blue 39's and Blue Expresses with a group of 95/336 following them.

Sometimes a front sight will hold up an order since I make front sights about one day a week inbetween other runs of sights. (To reduce tooling changes)

My apologies for any delays. We ship everyday though and except for custom orders (which we are glad to do but they do take longer) usually are able to ship asap.

Right now, I have Tacticals for both 94's and 95/336's in stock, both blue and stainless. Express sights in Brass, Stainless, and a few blue and Black Gold for the 94's. Brass 39's are almost always in stock. Stainless 95's are in stock, LoPro's are almost always in stock.

Some sights are selling so quickly right now its wonderful. The BLACK GOLD Series sights are very popular. At least 1/3 of our sales are BLACK GOLD.

No worries! We want to ship you the very best sight we can so we are not cutting any corners. I'm proud of the sights we sell and hand fit and finish everyone of them.

Some things to know...

I'm still a one man band most of the time at Skinner Sights. Your orders via www.skinnersights.com come into my phone so I see them but can't always respond till I can get online. If you receive an order confirmation when you place the order that your payment went through, then your order went through. It is a very rare occasion that an order gets lost in cyberspace. very rare...
I'll start working on those orders even before they have been printed as a work order for me in the shop. I go through those orders every day and ship what we have in stock. Jen makes hard copies of the orders every few days (anything that we didnt have in stock) and sends a short note with those letting folks know we are working on their sights. (Jen is my daughter who loves you guys! She is always excited to see where she is shipping them)

We have increased the number of pages at www.skinnersights.com to include information that should answer Frequently Asked Questions to reduce our phone and internet time so I can spend more time making sights. Please see our Technical Information page for answers to some of your questions.

When your order ships... If your address is in the US you will receive an email notifying you that the order has shipped with a tracking number so you can follow it through the mail. If your order is not in the US then we have no way to track that shipment.

Ordering via www.skinnersights.com is the best way to place your order since doing so provides us with a good data base to locate your order and track shipment. We do still accept checks and money orders with mail in orders.

Another aspect is our continued developement of the Skinner Sight product line. All that time working on sights gives me time to think. I've been a shooter and a hunter all my life and those experiences give me background and ideas that we want to put to work for our customers. Coming up with something new that works better than what else is available is a passion so I spend some time in R & D each week working on the new ideas. Sometimes those ideas are from customer questions or suggestions. Other times the number of requests for a certain item tells me its needed. I'm in communication with real time shooters every day and your input is invaluable.

I'm also trying to get out and shoot some each week with prototypes and firearms for which I am designing sights.

This week I sent quite a few rounds down range through a Henry .22lr youth rifle. Why? I'm selling a lot of Henry barrel mount sights and want to understand what the customers are experiencing that makes our sight so popular. Wow!!! The lil Henry is amazingly accurate, smooth feeding without any hangups at all, and FUN! SO... I'm now working on a sight that will fit the 3/8" grooves on top of the receiver but will also have to come up with a way to make replaceable front sights for the gun.

I also shot the CZ 527 (mine is a 7.62x39 carbine) with the prototype rear sight installed. (Windage and elevation adjustable rear sight that mounts on the receiver dovetail, sits low, does not require gunsmith installation) Again.. WOW!!! This rifle weighs less than 6 lbs and is a real powerhouse! While I was out shooting I also did a bit of horn hunting and hiking. After carring this dynamite little package to the top of several ridges it really grew on me. Like most leverguns, this isnt a place for a scope. With the sights I have on it now, hits on dinner plate targets are pretty easy to 300 yards.

The new SKINNER TACTICAL FRONT SIGHT (Yes with wings) got a bit of a workout on my guide gun. Guys... this one is great.. I'm excited!!! The sight picture is amazing, target acquistion is as quick and precise as this sight is solid. No gunsmithing required. Be watching at www.skinnersights.com for its addition to the TACTICAL SIGHTS page. (coming soon to a rifle near you)

Another project in the works isnt a sight at all.. FIELD CASES.. Like Skinner Sights, minimal bulk, simplicity, rugged, secure, attractive and something not available just everywhere. Wait till you guys see these. I've designed cases for our "GO TO" rifles that work. No zippers to break, compact, easy to carry, etc. Just like Skinner Sights these cases will be made by Elves in Hollow Trees in the mountains of Montana. While working on the prototypes for these cases, bears, elk, and deer were literally walking through the trees within sight of the shop. I've designed a case for your Takedown rifles, (ie: Model 39's) a special GUIDE GUN case that doubles as a Saddle, 4 Wheeler, or boat scabbard, and a double rifle case that will protect and carry two long guns in a package no larger than most zippered cases. I predict we will have a SKINNER SCABBARD page at www.skinnersights.com by this time next week. I'm waiting for some good weather so we can get great photos showing the unique features of these cases.

These are some exciting times at Skinner Sights!

There are more things to share but this has become a novel instead of a quick read.

Better get back to work.. :)

Andy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts