Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know whether an air rifle has been used to max the BDT?
If so, what air rifle was used?

TIA, Kake

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
firstshot,

Thanks for the reply. I am going to give it a try with an RWS 54 and see how close I can come.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
..... I don't see why not. Some of the old FWB side levers were deadly at 25 meters. Are ya gonna scope the RWS? The ten bull is kinda hard to see through a peep....

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

·
Registered
191 Posts
kakemono said:
firstshot,

Thanks for the reply. I am going to give it a try with an RWS 54 and see how close I can come.
kakemono

I used to have a RWS 54 and they are certianly tack drivers. If you're going after the BDT you'll want to make sure it's a real calm day.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

firstshot

·
Registered
26 Posts
i did stray from my trusty model 60 for this task during christmas with no avail. i tried my daisy red rider carbine and failed miserably. dont do what i did.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So far, not so good.

I can do it in the 15-20yd range, but just haven't been able to at 25. I am going to fine tune some things and see how it goes. :oops:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
did some fine tuning and groups at 20yds look like it will be possible. Now, I need to find an indoor range as the wind never quits here and I am no good at reading wind.

But more importantly, my son was shooting a BDT at 10 yds with my RWS yesterday and was getting addicted. That is far more important to me. He was having a blast shooting the black dot in the center on each of the targets with 1 shot. He now has hung his target over his bed. I thank you BDT people for such an enjoyable afternoon with my young son.

thanks, kake

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Send Thanks here.. I am sure he would appriciate it.. He is the founder..

JOHN SIMEONE
LOUISIANA STATE DIRECTOR TNUSA
COACH TEAM TOP GUN
[email protected]

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
John comes here, but has been busy.. haven't seen him for while.. . :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts