Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im going to try and finaly max the bdt this comming weekend, weather permiting. Do i have shoot all the targets to max it, or only the half inch target? Also, who do i send it to if i can max it? I also want to make sure i have the official target here. It fits on a reg. peice of computer paper right?

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
It can be maxxed either way- on each center dot of all five bulls, or all five into the 1/2" bull. Do a Search for BDT on this page- there's a working link for the target in there somewhere. Keep an eye on temperature- I've seen cool weather spread open groups by a bit, especially with match ammo. Some of it starts opening up around 50F- others will shoot tight to almost 40F....

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

·
Registered
191 Posts
Doc / Mr Joe

Maxing the BDT equates to earning the maximum amount of points possible. Each of the five targets on the BDT are worth a different amount of points.

The 1.5" circle is worth only 1 point, where as the 1/2" is worth 10 Points for each shot. So, putting 5 shots into the 1 1/2" circle would earn you a total of 5 points. Putting one shot in each of the five circles would earn a total of 26 points (1 + 3 + 5 + 7 + 10).

Putting all five shots inside the 1/2" circle earns 10 Pts per shot for a total of 50 points. This is the maximum amount of points you can earn, therefore, "Maxing" the BDT.

Mr Joe......good luck on the BDT!!!!

firstshot
-------------------------------------
Make your first shot count!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Vary nice rifle

Thats is a nice looken CZ 453 rifle you have there fristshot , let us know how it shots at 50 yards. Thanks Ted.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Re: Vary nice rifle

tdb said:
Thats is a nice looken CZ 453 rifle you have there fristshot , let us know how it shots at 50 yards. Thanks Ted.
Hey there Ted

Thanks....I was really pleased with the wood. Kinda weird ordering a gun off the internet never having seen or held it. Guess I got lucky.

Here is a 50Yd target from the first trip to the range. The wind was kind of picking up when I shot these. Haven't had a chance to get back to the range and do some serious 50Yd shooting yet.

I think I can tighten up the groups once I get the gun broken in, get used to the trigger, and pick a calm day for shooting.

firstshot
------------------------------------

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Each center dot on all 5 bulls is worth ten points. Miss the center dot, but stay in the white, then you score the assigned value for that bull. That's from the hoss'es mouth himself, TTG, and ain't something I made up for the sake of covenience. I maxxed mine with all 5 shots in the ten bull. I'd like to try the center dots someday, but I don't think I have a piece of glass that is equal to that task. My shooting ability may not be up to it either. Be fun trying though.

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hey Doc

I didn't mean to ruffle your feathers and certianly wasn't insinuating that you made anything up. I was just clarifying the rules as I understand them.

I've never heard that the X's count as 10 Points regardless of which size target is shot. (i.e. x in each of the five targets) Must be something new that TTG is doing. Here is the link to the BDT rules page on TTG's website. http://www.huntingcentral.net/topgun/bdc_rules.htm It says the "Center rings in each target are tie breaking "X" scores" but doesn't mention anything about 10Pts for X's.

Like I said, maybe it's someting that TTG is now doing that I'm not aware of. Anyway you look at it, 5 X's is excellent shooting!!!

firstshot
----------------------------------

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
LOL- no feather's ruffled here! Nothing new that TTG is doing. I wonder how well Ft. Polk came through the hurricanes.... That center dot score goes back to when the target first came up on the old Marlin Talk wire. I saved a copy of the original "Challenge" target for xerox purposes. The rules printed on the target:

1. Hits on the center dot are scored as X's.

2. Any shot touching the black surrounding the circle will void all shots on that target.

3. 5 shots total, any combination of targets, only valid targets (see rule #2) can be counted for final score.

I cornered John on this on the old forum, and yes, "X" = 10 points....

Regards,

Doc Sharptail

1 - 11 of 11 Posts