Marlin Firearms Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

· Premium Member
17,134 Posts
Hey CZ,

Welcome to MO.

What they say.

With a straight wall case, the heavier bullet almost always "strikes" higher.

Later, Mark

· Premium Member
16,902 Posts
Welcome from Texas

· Premium Member
22,111 Posts
For them slower cast. Zero at 50 with point of aim.

At 25 you should be the distance from the center of your aim to the center of your bore low.

General in powders for your 45-70, Unique is a good light load practice powder.

Alliant Reloader 7 is a good heavy load powder. Now that being said make sure you get Alliant Reloader 7

Not Accurate Arms 7 aka AA7 that is a source of blown up 1895s in 45-70

· Premium Member
2,911 Posts
I just got a 2007 1895 with a 26inch octagon barrel and it does the same. If I have my scope set for zero with my 500 grain my 300 grain will shoot lower. But I have a Nikon inline XR mounted on my rifle where I can zero out the adjustment turrets without moving the crosshairs. So since I shot between the 300gr, 405 and 500 grain I made a little cheat card that I laminated with how many clicks I have to adjust for each bullet if I have it zero on one or the other. Lets say I am at the range and I been shooting 300 grain downrange and I decided to shoot maybe 405 or 500 grain I look at the cheat card and turn what ever clicks it needs on HORZ and VERT and zero out the turrets and I shoot I always hit around 1-2 1/2 inches of my point of aim. I have all the info I need on 4 cards for 25yds, 50yds, 75yds and 100yds. Having all that info on cards that been laminated makes it a little less hectic. Hopefully I got the grammar and stuff right I had a stroke a couple of months ago and still recovering.

Reactions: GrondHamar

· Registered
7,432 Posts
Welcome from Long Island farm country, happy shootin'. Cheers:beerglass:

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.