Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking around ebay the other day. I run across this bowie made by timber rattler. I know its not your high dollar super craftsman work of art. But I had to have it. The bug bit me kinda like when you see that marlin you just cant turn away from. The bad thing about it is every one in the house wants one now. Even the eleven year old girl. So I will be getting more. Who knows they might come in handi:hmmmm:

·
Premium Member
2,608 Posts
Yep... That's a knife!.. Nice lookin

·
Registered
920 Posts
Nothing beats a big knife for a do anything tool. Nice widow

·
Super Moderator
7,958 Posts
We own lots of the Outlaw Timber Rattlers, for a knife less then $20.00 there well worth the price, full tang, SS blade, blades 10.5" long, but the sheath sucks big time! The top is the Outlaw Timber Rattler, bottom is little brother, I can't remember it's name.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,595 Posts
Nice knife. I like the handle and the blade length is just Right! I like'em big blade :)

Enjoy, but do be careful.! Them knives can get just as addicting as Marlin's maybe even worse. You think o its only (this much $$) but you buy eighty eleven of'em and don't even realize it! LOL

BloodGroove4570

·
Banned
6,933 Posts
Seems like the desire for knives run in the Marlin "Family". I was up in North Central PA yesterday and when I started my drive home I saw a Hunter's Discount House as I was driving down the main HW. I took the next exit and turned around. I had thought about buying a Bowie knife for awhile, but not wanting to spend much money, I was reluctant to buy something on-line. Inexpensive products look decent in photos, but sometimes they are not up to snuff when you get your hands on it. This Sportsman store had an entire table full of Close-out knives for sale. I managed to find an inexpensive Survival knife that is longer than my BUCK knife but comes with a serrated edge on part of the top side of the blade, and a Lanyard, which I wanted so I could put my hand through it and be sure the knife stayed attached to me in case of a need to use the knife. It came with an even less inexpensive (cheap might be a better word) canvas sheath. The handle is very flat and that was what I wanted so I could wear the knife without it sticking out very much.

They also had some camp hatchets on sale too. I picked out a small one that I could use to chop up kindling without the need to keep a large hatchet in my camping bag that holds my tent pegs and other stuff.

When I got to the cash register, I told the young lady that the Surivival knife was good for the price, but I sure would have liked to get my hands on a Bowie knife, as in a BIG knife. She walked over to the table and pulled a box out from under the stack and said "You mean like THIS?" The answer was, of course. YES. 10" blade, not terribly heavy, and big enough to scare away most anything with half a brain and big enough to kill anything not smart enough to run.

The knives I bought were not anywhere near as nice as the one you bought on Ebay. I looked it up after you Posted the PIC and you got yourself a beautiful knife and a great deal!

Question, what did they charge you to ship it to you?

Cheers!

Mike T.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Nice looking Bowie. I always wanted one but just never got around to get one. Nice going almost as bad a marlinitis. Great pictures too. Thanks for sharing with us.

Enjoy the Journey
444GS2

·
Registered
1,710 Posts

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yep now I got to get another one or two. Going to get the out law , like starbow. And they make another they call the el paso. All are timber rattlers. moma wants one and my grandaughter wants one now. So it looks like we are going to be the Bowie family.:hmmmm:

Reactions: Starrbow

·
El Kabong
8,333 Posts
When your ready for the finest production bowie ever made, buy one of these

Dixie Gun Works muzzleloading, blackpowder and rare antique gun supplies.

George Searles made Jim and Risin's first bowie design, this is it.

They made 1000 of them, and only have a few left. I have number 384

Its dual hardness Swedish steel, there is nothing sharper that does not cost $1000s.

They also have the carry wooden scabbard available, I throw away the leather one that came with it

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
I went thru a spell of the Bowie knife a while back. They are Just as bad as Marlin's with the fever you get. The George Searles knife is a good one to add to a collection like Pard said. I still want a Rough Rider and one of the Alamo Bowies.

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
I had to bite my fingers from ordering one of the new Bark River Boones last night. I have one of Muleman's hand made 12" knives on order though to be made this month I hope. At least the knife affliction is less expensive than Marllins...

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I dont think so. I ve been looking and the prices on the nice ones hit a guy hard. Im trying to come up with some doctor money so I have to be cheap. and save. No Insurance cant afford obama care. It want cover what I need any way.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Heck I even messed around and got me one of these rigs to hold up all my stuff that I might strap on when playing. Cant use a regulare belt. cant keep my pants up. Pistol, knife, ammo,. Now I can even take water, firstaid., and who knows what else.

·
Premium Member
1,395 Posts
Grunt,

I was just looking at the dang Boones last night as well. I LUV me some Barkies :biggrin:

Thinking I might ask the kids to pool their money for a father's Day gift..............

·
Premium Member
9,038 Posts
Plumbernater, I always liked the LBE gear that we had in the Army and have a set myself. It's still the best modular system there is IMO.

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
That is a good lookin knife right there!!!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts